Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Woods Evap Canister Relocation Kit

Old 02-21-2008, 09:54 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jeep329
Attachment 6390

Easy now... No need to be patronizing or mean...I know math just fine thanks. Not everyone needs to go to rock hard for their skids... I can fab one for half that price (less actually) and I'm sure that there are more than just one manufacturer. I was only asking a question. Clackey's answer was more along the lines of what I was looking for...
That's funny. Really though, The last thing we need is something hanging down in the middle of our Jeeps to get hung up on. By relocating it to a safe spot eliminates the possibility of it getting either ripped off and or damaged or getting hung up on something.
As far as a skid.....I'm against it. I have added so much weight to my Jk lately. The last thing I need is another skid adding more weight when there is a better way. However, a fuel tank skid? I need one of those!!!!!
Old 02-22-2008, 07:37 AM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Puddlz
Rock Hard evap skid $99.00 + freight, woods relocation kit under $80.00 shipped, do the math.
My kit is under $60 shipped.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:25 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nobody shoot me, I'm being lazy and have not taken the time to look underneath, but do you have to relocate the evap can in order to relocate the exhaust on an unlimited?

Love the products Woods! You need to get that site up
Old 02-22-2008, 02:17 PM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by Beancounter
Nobody shoot me, I'm being lazy and have not taken the time to look underneath, but do you have to relocate the evap can in order to relocate the exhaust on an unlimited?

Love the products Woods! You need to get that site up
Short answer:
You do NOT need to relocate the evap can, in order to relocate the exhaust on an Unlimited. You do need to relocate the evap can on a 2 door though.

Long answer:
No, however there is a benefit to relocating the exhaust to the approx. factory evap can location. This area is better protected than the area under the driver's seat. The muffler tucks up better and gains some protection from the lower rear control arm. You can see this in some of the pics at the bottom of my webpage.

Thanks! and per your request... I have a temporary website up . You'll need the username and password to, provided below, to logon.

www.4XFiX.com
username: jeep
password: forum
Old 03-06-2008, 01:14 AM
JK Super Freak

I'm going to install Woods' kit today after work. Several of the instructions have to distances listed, 2.5" and 2.25". On one of them the 2.5" is scratched out, but on another, it is still there. Are all of these different measurements supposed to be 2.25"?
Old 03-06-2008, 07:52 AM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by Phishjeep
I'm going to install Woods' kit today after work. Several of the instructions have to distances listed, 2.5" and 2.25". On one of them the 2.5" is scratched out, but on another, it is still there. Are all of these different measurements supposed to be 2.25"?
All are supposed to be 2.5. BTW, it wouldn't actually make a difference if you used 2.25. There's just a little less fudge factor with the 2.25".

Good catch!
Old 03-09-2008, 08:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

im not having any luck with that temp site
Old 03-09-2008, 08:17 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Purely hypothetical, I'm wondering if its possible to remove the thing and bypass it?
Old 03-09-2008, 03:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah Me Too!
Old 03-09-2008, 10:04 PM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by zeeksta
im not having any luck with that temp site
Not sure what's up with that. I just tried it in IE, Netscape and Firefox. All worked fine. You using a Mac?

I'll PM you, my email address. Get me an email address back and I'll send you all the details.

Quick Reply: Woods Evap Canister Relocation Kit