Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Woods Evap Canister Relocation Kit

Old 12-04-2007, 04:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Woods Evap Canister Relocation Kit

I bought and installed a Woods Evap Canister Relocation Kit this afternoon and was lucky enough to have the developer himself (Brett Woods) check on my work. Now before I type this and show it off I want to make it clear that I paid for this kit just like everyone else. I don't work for or with Brett in any way shape or form. This is just a great product at a great price that I want others to use to improve their JK's.

Relocating this thing is in my opinion a must for anyone who is going to take their Jeeps off the road as it is only a matter of time before the canister gets damaged or ripped off. I remember reading about several forum members who have had this happen to them.

This kit moves the canister from the stock location to up above the rear differential out of the way. Not only does this kit move it to a better location so that is does not get damaged, it also opens up a huge area, which will be a perfect spot for my muffler when I relocate that.

I was planning on doing this with the kit being offered by another manufacturer, but at their price of over $140 ($130 plus shipping) it was not on the top of my list. When I saw Woods kit on the bargain basement here on the forum this last weekend for less than half the price I couldn't pass it up. This kit is genius and it looks like it is still a factory install. It should have come from the factory this way. It is easy to install and comes with great instructions with great photos which is great for someone like me who only looks at books for the pictures.

Brett has some great ideas and I can't wait to see what he comes up with in the future. He is fabbing up a front bumper which looks awesome so far! Brett is also good people!

Where the canister was.

I tried to get a pic that would show how much room there is now that it is relocated. Again this will be where my muffler goes.

Where it is now.

Last edited by Ctimrun; 12-04-2007 at 04:55 PM.
Old 12-04-2007, 05:18 PM
JK Jedi Master

That looks super.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Because I was bored and getting on my wifes nerves I went out in the garage (after she told me to go play with the Jeep ) and measured how much up travel my axle/differential has before it contacts the Evap Canister.

With my axle fully compressed to the bump stops, there is roughly 5 to 6 inches of clearance between the two. This really is a great place for it.

Last edited by Ctimrun; 12-04-2007 at 08:43 PM.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:00 PM
JK Super Freak

I don't have any photos before I removed the canister from the stock location, but using my computer hacking skills I will illustrate where the canister is placed by the factory.

It was about right here..... EDIT: Not to scale.

Now I can see why I was annoying the hell out of my wife tonight.

Last edited by Ctimrun; 12-04-2007 at 09:13 PM.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:04 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ctimrun
I don't have any photos before I removed the canister from the stock location, but using my computer hacking skills I will illustrate where the canister is placed by the factory.

It was about right here.....

Old 12-04-2007, 09:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by CLACKEY(_!_)
Gawd I'm dumb. I fixed it I think.
Old 12-05-2007, 05:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Does anyone have a link to Brett Wood's site, or where to get this kit? My search didn't find anything. Thanks.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:40 AM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for all the kind words. Really glad everybody likes the kit. It's something that I've put a lot of time into.

Originally Posted by mizedog
Does anyone have a link to Brett Wood's site, or where to get this kit? My search didn't find anything. Thanks.
I'm currently working on setting up a website/store, and siging up as a forum sponsor. I hope to open the store the first week in January. Thus far, I've only sold throught the basement builders craft fair.

Old 12-05-2007, 01:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ctimrun
I bought and installed a Woods Evap Canister Relocation Kit this afternoon and was lucky enough to have the developer himself (Brett Woods) check on my work. Now before I type this and show it off I want to make it clear that I paid for this kit just like everyone else. I don't work for or with Brett in any way shape or form. This is just a great product at a great price that I want others to use to improve their JK's.

Relocating this thing is in my opinion a must for anyone who is going to take their Jeeps off the road as it is only a matter of time before the canister gets damaged or ripped off. I remember reading about several forum members who have had this happen to them.

This kit moves the canister from the stock location to up above the rear differential out of the way. Not only does this kit move it to a better location so that is does not get damaged, it also opens up a huge area, which will be a perfect spot for my muffler when I relocate that.

I was planning on doing this with the kit being offered by another manufacturer, but at their price of over $140 ($130 plus shipping) it was not on the top of my list. When I saw Woods kit on the bargain basement here on the forum this last weekend for less than half the price I couldn't pass it up. This kit is genius and it looks like it is still a factory install. It should have come from the factory this way. It is easy to install and comes with great instructions with great photos which is great for someone like me who only looks at books for the pictures.

Brett has some great ideas and I can't wait to see what he comes up with in the future. He is fabbing up a front bumper which looks awesome so far! Brett is also good people!

Where the canister was.

I tried to get a pic that would show how much room there is now that it is relocated. Again this will be where my muffler goes.

Where it is now.

I definatly smell blackmail here in these pic's, MALL CRUISER,

Notice
1) No scratches underneath or even torn driveshaft boot
2) No signs of trail debree, such as mud or rocks, let alone trail dust either.
3) Relocated canister to clear mall speed bumps.
4) Need I say more.

Old 12-05-2007, 01:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

OK

Great job Brett, I am going on your next run to test out all the new toys,I look forward to the muffler relocation as soon as they hit the market.

Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Woods Evap Canister Relocation Kit