Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Woo hoo!! My Rock Hard license plate bracket & LED light is here!

Old 05-19-2009, 02:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Woo hoo!! My Rock Hard license plate bracket & LED light is here!

It's Christmas in May for me!!

I just received my Rock Hard license plate relocation bracket and ORO LED light kit. I ordered the OEM license plate filler plug from my local dealer but it won't be here until the middle of next week. I'll post some pics in this thread of the install when I complete it.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

please do post some pics/write up of the install, i just ordered one as well, but wont have it for another 3 weeks or so, it would make things easy for me with you doing it first!
Old 05-19-2009, 07:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 07Rubi2dr
please do post some pics/write up of the install, i just ordered one as well, but wont have it for another 3 weeks or so, it would make things easy for me with you doing it first!
ha ha ha....no problem. I want to wait until I get the OEM plug since Monsoon season just started early out here in AZ.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Picked up the OEM hole plug for the factory license plate. Darn thing was $13! I was however happy to see it is made out of hard plastic and not rubber, so it is paintable.

I'm going to attempt to try to install this all tonight, family permitting
Old 06-01-2009, 02:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

can you cut me a branch from your money tree?
Old 06-04-2009, 06:52 AM
JK Super Freak

So the dilema I'm running into is how to run the wiring for the ORO LED lite down the tire carrier then along the bumper and then into the Jeep. I have the XRC rear bumper and tire carrier and I need a way to attach the wiring and still allow the carrier to swing. I know there's quick fix attachment solutions out there but I don't want this to look like a hack job. Any ideas?
Old 06-04-2009, 07:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by .:eMETAL:.
can you drill a hole on the backside of the carrier, fish the wire down the tubing and drill and exit point from the carrier. the drill a hole into the bumper for the wire to continue (next to the pivot point) then you're in the bumper and can go straight to the jeep.

leave enough slack for the wire to be able to travel when the gate is opening and closing.

the only wire you will see will be the little bit coming from the carrier and going into the bumper... finish it off with some conduit and wha LA!! so fresh and so clean clean install

(note: when fishing the wire from hole to hole you might want to use a string and hair dryer. then connect to the wire and plumb)
I think how you described will be my only way to go. I wanted to try and stay away from drilling but I think something that attaches on the outside won't look as good and will give the wiring an opportunity to be ripped off however way it could happen.
Old 06-06-2009, 12:55 PM
JK Super Freak

did you get this done? i should be getting mine this week, interested to see how it went for you!
Old 06-18-2009, 10:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Here's my install write-up with full pics....

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/rock-hard-license-plate-relocation-bracket-oro-led-platelite-install-xrc-bumper-90672/

Last edited by JPTwinz; 06-18-2009 at 10:10 AM.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks great!!!

Quick Reply: Woo hoo!! My Rock Hard license plate bracket & LED light is here!