Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Windshield Tint

Old 11-24-2010, 09:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windshield Tint

Went and had the windows tinted on my 2011 black rubi. In addition to the front windows I wanted something to help cut down on the glare from the road. The window tint place did not recommend the brow because it would look funny on the small windshield. They talked me into getting the entire windshield tinted 60%. I realize this isn't exactly legal so I was some what apprehensive. With that said.....I am completely satisfied with the entire windsheild tinted. It really does not look that dark and it help cut down the day and night time glare. I can see perfectly fine at night in any weather (that was a concern as well) and would recommend this to others that wear glasses or have had LASIK and are sensitive to glare. Not too concerned about getting a citation for this - like I said its not really noticeable.

Just wanted others to know about the results incase you were considering windshield tint.

Last edited by newbiejeeper; 11-24-2010 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Correction
Old 11-24-2010, 10:02 AM
JK Newbie

That sounds like a good idea... first i need to replace my window tho because a rock cracked it

What that cost you or add to the cost?
Old 11-24-2010, 10:09 AM
EzK
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm thinking about tinting mine to 70% just to knock out UV rays. 30 would make me too nervous in an area with no street lighting.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:23 AM
JK Newbie

got any pics?
Old 11-24-2010, 10:29 AM
JK Freak

Raining today and tomorrow will post pics on Friday. Updated my post. By mistake I put 30% when in fact I meant 60% tint.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:31 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Velton
That sounds like a good idea... first i need to replace my window tho because a rock cracked it

What that cost you or add to the cost?
tint was $80.00 for the windshield for the highest quality tint. Worth every penny. In most cases I can get by without wearing sunglasses now.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

definitely want to see some pics! sounds like a great idea, but interested in seeing how they did it around your windshield decals (assuming your state requires registration and/or inspection on the windshield)
Old 11-29-2010, 05:57 PM
JK Newbie

Default tinting front glass

Originally Posted by newbiejeeper
Went and had the windows tinted on my 2011 black rubi. In addition to the front windows I wanted something to help cut down on the glare from the road. The window tint place did not recommend the brow because it would look funny on the small windshield. They talked me into getting the entire windshield tinted 60%. I realize this isn't exactly legal so I was some what apprehensive. With that said.....I am completely satisfied with the entire windsheild tinted. It really does not look that dark and it help cut down the day and night time glare. I can see perfectly fine at night in any weather (that was a concern as well) and would recommend this to others that wear glasses or have had LASIK and are sensitive to glare. Not too concerned about getting a citation for this - like I said its not really noticeable.

Just wanted others to know about the results incase you were considering windshield tint.
your eye doctor might be able to write you a prescription for this and make it legal for you. just my two cents
Old 11-30-2010, 11:56 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
Epic-Addictions Representative

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a bar across the top of my windshield. Goes down to the bottom of the rear view mirror mount...
I plan to get the rest of it tinted around 60%

Here's a shot of it with the doors and top on...

Last edited by JKid; 11-30-2010 at 11:58 AM.
Old 12-02-2010, 04:54 AM
JK Newbie

Here is 15 percent all the way around.

http://www.4freeimagehost.com/show.p...b29a14ed7f.jpg

Last edited by 08redjk; 12-02-2010 at 04:57 AM.

Quick Reply: Windshield Tint