Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

windshield down

Old 04-01-2010, 05:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok i wouldnt want to bring down my windshield down for any reason..

unless it was raining money coming down the sky!!

but does anyone have pics of them trying this???
Old 04-01-2010, 05:55 PM
JK Freak

This was the only picture of mine I could find with the windshield down. I've seen some other threads with pics out here though.

Old 04-01-2010, 06:04 PM
JK Newbie

hahaha how does it feel to have it down?? open fresh view huh?
Old 04-01-2010, 06:55 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

older pic but thought i would share as well
Old 04-02-2010, 04:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

On the way to work one day last summer:

On the way home...

Only leaked while it was down. No leaks (other than hard top issues that I created and fixed)
Old 04-02-2010, 06:26 AM
JK Freak

do the wipers have to come off?
Old 04-02-2010, 06:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

I believe you do have to take the wipers off. There is a step by step in the manual too if that might help
Old 04-02-2010, 06:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

yes the wipers have to come off. Actually the easiest/fasest part of the whole job.

The amount of work & effort to put it down is crazy. I can say I've done it and that I LOVED it - but I may never do it again. The effort required to put it back together I think is the engineers' way of punishing you for actually doing it. It wouldn't surprise me if the next version doesn't fold.

I also had a copy of the relevant section of my local traffic laws with me:

where I live I need both side mirrors if I can't see 250m behind me with the rear-view (tough to do when it's aimed at the sky!). Cheap ATV mirrors in the door hinges covered that.

I need to have functional wipers. They were removed, but within reach and - if required - I could demonstrate that they worked. Doesn't say they have to be effective. haha - manually use them to wipe off the inside of the windshield that works great as a rain-catcher. Imagine my wife's surprise the next day when I dried off the windshield... only to find out the windhield FRAME holds a lot of water and blows right into the passenger's face and chest.

I need to have a windshield, approved safetly glass, INSTALLED. Doesn't say it needs to be upright and blocking wind. So as long as it is installed in the frame and attached to the vehicle I should be good to go.

Or I'll have a funny day on court.

Also learned that on a really hot day, driving with soft-serve ice cream cones with teh windshield down may not have been a good idea... it blew everywhere!
Old 04-02-2010, 07:53 AM
JK Super Freak

i did it back when i first got it, probably wont do it again

Old 04-02-2010, 08:24 AM
JK Junkie

Holy Thread from the dead?!!?!? did nobody else notice that this thread is 3 years old? After hearing the same thing from everyperson that ever puts it down..."I'd never go through it again", or "I'll probably never do it again"...I decided to not even bother with it. top and doors are good enough for me

Quick Reply: windshield down