Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Winch Installed

Old 03-20-2009, 05:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by azeeb
I'd be worried about not getting enough air flow through the radiator with that setup.
x2

Looks cool, but I would definitely worry about air flow.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

I agree, i was worried as well. But have not had any heat increase at all so far . I am very surprised i have not. If I do get any increase i will end up buying electic fan and add it with an wired switch to turn it on and off as i need it.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Don't worry about air flow, i've had my PowerPlant on 2 different JK's so far, and my last one it was on top like yours(last summer) and I drove all over with no issues at all. it's designed to allow more air flow then it looks like it could. the whole "shell" of it has slots for air, so it's not like it's blocking much. no more then say 2 big @ss KC lights or something, haha..

you'll be fine man.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yea, there is a good amount of vents in the cover to allow air flow. i dont think ill have any problems ither. Just an awsome winch!
Old 03-20-2009, 10:44 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JerseyJK07
I agree, i was worried as well. But have not had any heat increase at all so far . I am very surprised i have not. If I do get any increase i will end up buying electic fan and add it with an wired switch to turn it on and off as i need it.
your stock fan already turns on and off as needed, I think you'll be fine unless your radiator gets clogged with some mud like mine did. I installed a griffin radiator for 25% more cooling
Old 03-20-2009, 10:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

WOW. looks like it covers the whole grill any overheating? (the jeep)
Old 03-20-2009, 10:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sorry page two didn't load the first time
Old 03-20-2009, 11:03 AM
JK Junkie

Wow......that winch is huge sittin there....I prefer it in an aftermarket bumper which sits a little lower....congrats on the winch.....very nice.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tkob1060
your stock fan already turns on and off as needed, I think you'll be fine unless your radiator gets clogged with some mud like mine did. I installed a griffin radiator for 25% more cooling

Thanks, im sure mine has not been close to as muddy as yours! but will soon once i get the snorkel on i sometimes bring a gal or two of clean water with me just incase gets to dirty just to clean it out a bit while still runing home. maybe get to use it tomorrow?

Quick Reply: Winch Installed