Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Will this Hemi work?

Old 09-01-2009, 09:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will this Hemi work?

Found a 04' 5.7L Dodge Engine. Guy wants 500$ Im aware of the damages on it. but my question is can i even use it?
Old 09-01-2009, 10:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

i thinl in order to pass emissions u have to have a engine that is the same year or newer dropped into ur jeep.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by joes-jk
i thinl in order to pass emissions u have to have a engine that is the same year or newer dropped into ur jeep.
I think that also depends on where you live. I know in NC the only hook up to your OBII port for emissions and a safety check. So as long as there isn't a check engine light on chances are you'll pass the inspection. Who knows what FL has. However, I know that doesn't answer the question of the original OP.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:58 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

The motor will work if it works with you local laws. Most places do OBDII inspections. The harness will have to be custom biult and engine/ trans mounts also. Let us know we can put it in. We have been really wanting to get a truck motor install.

Gerry
Old 09-01-2009, 12:48 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hell, if it's legal to use that where you are, just pop for a '64 race HEMI and slap that pup in.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:50 AM
JK Newbie

The guy wants 500$ bucks for it. He hydrolocked it. He is my cousin so Im not to worried about running into any hidden problems. But I figured I would price out the repairs price verse just getting a used one elsewhere. So it is possible? Thanks for the tips keep them coming.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:13 AM
JK Newbie

I'd price out a new set of rods to replace the bent ones

Quick Reply: Will this Hemi work?