Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Why I wont shop with 4WP ever again

Old 07-17-2014, 02:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why I wont shop with 4WP ever again

So I will never spend another dime with 4 Wheel Parts if I can avoid it! I ordered wheels and tires from them over 2 weeks ago. The idiot salesman talked me into different wheels than what I wanted and then proceeded to order 16" wheels and 17" tires. Took them a week to figure it out and call me. So I took the opportunity to switch it back to the wheels I really wanted. All the while being assured I would get them in time for my trip to CO this Saturday. Never received an email confirming order. Multiple calls to customer "service" later I find out the wheels are coming from somewhere else causing a delay. Then the wheels finally get there and I am told they will ship from Dallas (3 hours drive from me) that day. 2 days later still nothing. Another call and turns out one of the wheels was damaged and they were waiting to hear what I wanted them to do. Only problem... NO ONE CALLED ME! Finally they are shipping them out with one damaged and a new one to replace it sent to me later. (Damage was cosmetic). Another full day of being told they had shipped, yet the shipping company has no record of it. I finally cancelled the order and went to Discount Tire and had 35" Trail Grapplers on MB rims put on in less than 3 hours, for less money. I am sure I will have to fight with 4WP to get my money back now as they are still claiming the tires have shipped, but at least I know we can go on our wheeling trip to CO! All that being said I am really happy with how it looks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-709362699.jpg
Views:	707
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	565877
Old 07-17-2014, 02:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sorry your deal got screwed up.. Sweet ride though. I'd put everything on hold until your trip is over... Have fun!
Old 07-17-2014, 02:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

The 4wp here in calgary has been shite lately too. Ordering the wrong parts and charging guys restocking fees for their mistake. Selling parts to other people that had already been paid for, skeezy stuff. Luckily my lockers were correct.

Stay muddy my friends
Old 07-17-2014, 05:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got my wheels and tires from mr. Wheel deal they were awesome and super cheap.
If you paid with credit card is real easy to put a dispute on it. Even better if you paid with Amex
Old 07-17-2014, 05:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sounds pretty typical of 4wp
Old 07-17-2014, 10:11 PM
JK Freak

thanks for the heads up, good to know when a vendor sux this bad so they can be avoided.
Old 07-18-2014, 07:17 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JKJon
Sounds pretty typical of 4wp
x2 Plenty of similar stories out there
Old 07-18-2014, 10:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sucks to hear that. Rig looks great though!
Old 07-18-2014, 10:39 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You said the salesman talked you into a different set of wheels. Did he talk you into a different size or a different style?
Old 07-18-2014, 01:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cjsmith4
You said the salesman talked you into a different set of wheels. Did he talk you into a different size or a different style?
Brand. Same size. He had talked me into Pro Comps because they were cheaper and had a rebate.

Quick Reply: Why I wont shop with 4WP ever again