Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

This is why I need a lift!

Old 03-06-2011, 03:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This is why I need a lift!

I finally got to take a trip to Northern Maine for a weekend of snowmobiling. Thought I would take a pic of the JK on the way up and to show why I need a lift. She was a bit freighted with the double axle trailer with two sleds, but I think the two 100lb propane tanks in the back with the rest of the gear almost did it in!

Oh yeah, you know you may be in Northern Maine when the store behind the Jeep sells...........
Old 03-06-2011, 03:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your jeep will do the same thing with a lift only it will sit higher.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:56 PM
JK Super Freak

I won't be towing often and dont mint if it sags a bit. Just don't want it to sag all the way to the wheel wells! Thank goodness my wife doesnt read this. You would have killed my chances for a lift.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:58 PM
JK Newbie

I had the same problem hualing an electric wheelchair. Inslalled air springs so now just air up when I need to haul it.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:51 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Serg5000
Your jeep will do the same thing with a lift only it will sit higher.
???Really???

Did it rub on every bump?
Old 03-06-2011, 05:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks like that trailer is waaaaaayyyy over center. On My sled trailer the axle is centered pretty much so that the tounge weight is maybee 90-100 lbs at best with my RX-1 and Artic cat zrt 800. I could pick up the trailer by myself when loaded. (Actually sold everything so it isn't "Mine" anymore) however with a close to center axle setup the trailer does "Wag" a bit.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:06 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by ToolManTimTaylor
looks like that trailer is waaaaaayyyy over center. On My sled trailer the axle is centered pretty much so that the tounge weight is maybee 90-100 lbs at best with my RX-1 and Artic cat zrt 800. I could pick up the trailer by myself when loaded. (Actually sold everything so it isn't "Mine" anymore) however with a close to center axle setup the trailer does "Wag" a bit.
That's what I thought. Way more than adequate tongue weight.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ToolManTimTaylor
X2 center your load I haul a 16ft trailer with 4 full size 4wheelers or my boys CJ-5 with no sag
Old 03-06-2011, 05:11 PM
JK Freak

Get a lift but make sure it doesn't get rid of the rake. The rake will help. I'm getting coil spacers with my lift to make sure I still have rake. I haul stuff in the back of my Jeep all the time.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:17 AM
JK Super Freak

It wasn't the tounge weight that dropped it at all. It was when we put the two 100lb propane tanks in the back of the Jeep that sent it down!

Quick Reply: This is why I need a lift!