Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Why Doors Off ...

Old 07-07-2009, 08:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Honestly Mark, I often ask the question the other way around. I don't get tube doors. I'm doorless in the summer unless it's pouring outside. It's not like tubes afford you any crash protection and I wear my seat belt, so I'm not about to fall out...

Still, you've got a very nice UnLtd.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:55 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
What all comes with um? Paddin? Latches? EVERYTHING? Cost? If yer gonna make us drool, then fill in the blanks man!
Yes, they sell as a complete unit with latches and padding. David at Northridge sold them to me for $620 shipped to my door. Somehow I ended up with two sets of rear doors--the OR-Fab box was mislabeled. But David contacted OR-Fab and they contacted me within a few hours and sent me the correct set, along with a call tag to return the incorrect set to OR-Fab on their dime. When things went amiss, both David and OR-Fab took care of me.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:58 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love the look of the OR-Fab tube doors, sadly... as usual.... my ex-wife gets all my money....
Old 07-07-2009, 09:00 AM
JK Freak

Very sharp! Congrats
Old 07-07-2009, 09:01 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by Omaha
Honestly Mark, I often ask the question the other way around. I don't get tube doors. I'm doorless in the summer unless it's pouring outside. It's not like tubes afford you any crash protection and I wear my seat belt, so I'm not about to fall out...
Mostly it's just because I think they look cool. But, they do give you something to lean against when crawling and you need to hang out there to check out an obstacle. For me, I feel more comfortable than just with the seatbelt alone.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:04 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by paramaniac
I love the look of the OR-Fab tube doors, sadly... as usual.... my ex-wife gets all my money....
Obviously you needed a better lawyer. If you had a sharp lawyer, he'd have found you a judge who owned a Jeep. Then, you could have just told him, "As you consider setting alimony, your honor, I ask that you remember I still own a Jeep." He'd have understood immediately!
Old 07-07-2009, 09:06 AM
JK Freak

very nice... im jealous
Old 07-07-2009, 09:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
I feel more comfortable than just with the seatbelt alone.
And that's all that matters.

(Nice point, btw, on leaning on the tube when negotiating obstacles. I now see an actual function for these things and, to that extent, I stand corrected.)
Old 07-07-2009, 09:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bly109
Answer: Cuz it doesnt cost you anything?!?!?!?
X3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-07-2009, 09:10 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Obviously you needed a better lawyer. If you had a sharp lawyer, he'd have found you a judge who owned a Jeep. Then, you could have just told him, "As you consider setting alimony, your honor, I ask that you remember I still own a Jeep." He'd have understood immediately!
LOL.... thats the best advice anyone has ever given me!!!!!

on a personal note, i have a new lawyer, he is a "Super Lawyer" i go back to court in the fall.

Quick Reply: Why Doors Off ...