Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Whose running 36" iroks? Pics?

Old 04-09-2010, 06:07 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whose running 36" iroks? Pics?

I have searched and searched and I can only find a couple of pics. I really dig the silver sema Jeep. I THINK it has a 4" superlift with 36" Iroks. I like the Iroks because I can compromise between a 35" tire and a 37" tire AND I like the 13.5" width. I like them wide.

I am up between the Teraflex 3" with the Lower front and rear uppers with the Adj. trackbar OR the AEV Premium with Front lowers. The most action this mall cruiser will probably see is action in big bear. I dont like A huge gap in the wheel well escpecially since I wont be needing a ton of flex. Who is running the 36 Iroks and on what lift, any pics?
Old 04-09-2010, 06:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you are not wheeling your jeep you may want to think about another tire. Iroks will wear very fast not to mention they have terrible road manners!
Old 04-09-2010, 06:30 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by teamdher
If you are not wheeling your jeep you may want to think about another tire. Iroks will wear very fast not to mention they have terrible road manners!
Really? Well my back up plan was 36x15.5x20 Mickey MTZ. I told you I like em wide like my women I really dont want to go with a 20" wheel on a JK but I will if I have to get my width. I had the 36x15.5s on my truck and they looked tight. I dont suppose anyone is running these? I would try to get the backspacing as inward as possible to run these bad boys.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you want a better wearing Interco tire check out the SS-M16 (great looking tire) or the Trxus MT. Even the Mickey Thompson would last alot longer and feel alot better on road
Old 04-09-2010, 07:08 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by teamdher
Yeah, I totally 1000% disagree.

Bias Ply Iroks can have bad road manners. But they also have super strong side walls and great traction.

Radial Iroks however have pretty good road manners, wear about the same as other tires in its class, and also provide great traction.

However since the Op will be daily driving and not actually wheeling, I would suggest a tire with a harder compound. The M16 (as mentioned above) should do what you wan't and still have a great look.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:13 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Stuka
Yeah, I totally 1000% disagree.

Bias Ply Iroks can have bad road manners. But they also have super strong side walls and great traction.

Radial Iroks however have pretty good road manners, wear about the same as other tires in its class, and also provide great traction.

However since the Op will be daily driving and not actually wheeling, I would suggest a tire with a harder compound. The M16 (as mentioned above) should do what you wan't and still have a great look.
Agreed! I had 42'' Irok's on a Ford. They rode awesome, didn't wander. They did really good in the sand. I sold the truck but its still in my area, and still rockin the Iroks. Buddy has the same tires on a dodge and has over 30,000 and still running them. When my tires wear out. I am doing 4'' and 36 Iroks. They are great tires, along with mickey's MTZ's I have them on my truck now.

Quick Reply: Whose running 36" iroks? Pics?