Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

whoo! 100mph!

Old 02-20-2008, 07:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I can say that speed is more than just fun for me almost an addiction. In fact that is one of the reasons that I purchased my JK.

To give you a better idea on my past here is a few pictures of one of my older cars.

Believe it or not iv had that cobalt to mid 140s and im not sure whats worse the fact that I was going that fast on the highway or the fact that my buddy in his srt-4 was pulling away from me pretty hard at that speed. The little supercharged 4 cylinder just couldent hang with the turbo boys up past 120.

It was a fun car. But the choice to get rid of it was after having got arrested by Oklahoma Highway Patrol for "attempting to elude". After paying out my ass for lawyers, tickets, and fees I traded in the cobalt for a liberty that I loved for a year and then when I saw the JK at an auto show I said I have to have one!

Now I have seen my speedo in the JK hit 100+ once or twice with the stock tires. Now that I have the 33 inch tires im more a set the cruise at 65 and just cruise.

Do keep in mind I have matured alot from this mess up and don't speed hardly ever now but.....................................

::Puts flame suit on::

Nothing beats the rush of the lane dividers going solid.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did +80mph in the Unlimited but that was it.
It's been over 30 years sense I've run at +100mph but that was in a Dodge Monico with a 440. I'm sure I could have pushed it faster but it was only so I could say I've driven over 100mph.

I wouldn't do that fast after wheelen' cause you never know what might have come loose or been bent. A death wobble at 100mph would be death you you and everyone in the Jeep. Dang 2 tons going 100mph.

Old 02-21-2008, 09:33 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its not smart but we have all done it. I stopped years ago. I had my car upto 180kph slowed down then about 20sec later a cop came over the hill. That would have sucked. Its not worth it. Go skydiving, 120 mph legally and a lot safer.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by USAF_GroundRat
I completely disagree. Some of you are just reading way too much into this. He was not hurting anyone, he was not "punching someone in the face", he was not "street racing". Give it a rest. That was a completely ridiculous statement.
I wasn't implying he was hurting anyone. No one else said that either, just my little lonesome self. I was implying it was silly to record yourself doing a "crime". Its just self incrimination.

I've done my fair share of going 100+ up and down I-95. (Not in a JK, a WJ)

"Hey Ernie, hold my beer and watch this!" THAT is what I was implying and we've all seen various outcomes after such a statement.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:31 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not a do-gooder, i just think he's crazy to do it in a Jeep, that was all.

Been WAY over that many times myself on/in things built to do it.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:51 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by atomicmecha
heh, its kind of hard to film and drive at 100mph at night on the interstates with traffic. anyway, this was completely random and it kinda freaked my girl friend out which you can hear in the video saying "are you trying to get to 100??"

anyway, here is video proof that our stock jk's can hit 100mph
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...08393008&hl=en

my camera phone isn't the best in the world in the day, and is almost completely useless at night so i appoligize for the crappy quality, maybe next time i'll remember to use my better digital camera.
Your girlfriend in the background makes the vid.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:15 PM
JK Super Freak

I am glad to see some folks relaxing a little bit. We all do things we are not supposed to. I think we all should have fun here. When I see folks telling people what to do or a bunch of folks who think their shit don't stink, it really bothers me. None of you have authority over me, nor I over you.

Old 02-21-2008, 04:37 PM
JK Super Freak

I've done it...not the best sounding thing in a soft top. I've done 160 in my friend's Mustang, now THAT was fun....ok, scary too.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know that the cruise control won't set over 135 in a 300Z.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:38 PM
Fallen Hero

Originally Posted by USAF_GroundRat
I am glad to see some folks relaxing a little bit. We all do things we are not supposed to. I think we all should have fun here. When I see folks telling people what to do or a bunch of folks who think their shit don't stink, it really bothers me. None of you have authority over me, nor I over you.]

It is called "cabin feaver" it happens on forums all over the world this time of year officer.

Quick Reply: whoo! 100mph!