Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

whoo! 100mph!

Old 02-20-2008, 07:47 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mjolnir
Probably won't catch me tying to join the 100mph club, but good to know none the less

Me either...

Mile high yeah, 100mph in a Wrangler? no way.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 07JKX
we are getting a crap ton of red light cameras down in metro atlanta... most judges wont even listen to you... just pay a fine and go away.

the fine is less than if a cop got you... and there are no points on your license.. but still

I have wanted to make a license plate that says "F-U"... put on a ski mask (b/c one of the cameras snaps a shot of the occupants), drop the top, raise my arm in the air with one finger protruding, and blow through one of those stupid things... after i was sure nobody was coming of course.
I thought they had ruled that the LEO had to witness traffic offenses for them to be legal. Perhaps that is why they don't go on your license. I know people here who have never paid those tickets and have not had anything happen. They make license plate covers that are clear from straight on and tinted black when viewed at a vertical angle. I think they are made by chimera or something like that.

I don't get the high speed in a wrangler either. I'd rather push the Cayman.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think its cool, i've been 145 in my Dad's 65 Mustang on some 6" wide tires and loved it when i was a teenager --- nobody says it ain't dangerous but he's not forcing yall to go 100 just showing everybody he did, if you don't like it just read another thread -- i think i'll have another white russian and i will please have you refer to me as the Dude
Old 02-20-2008, 12:12 PM
JK Freak

I was surrounded by fast cars when I was young. My dad used to take me out at 5am on Sunday mornings to "air out" the Vette or later the M5. I saw 125+ several times, always as a passenger.
As a driver, I had my A4 up to about 120 when it started to get hairy and I backed off.
JK at 100.. no thanks... I regularly commute with it at 75+ and even that can get interesting with wind or big semi's flying by.
I'll stick to 10 MPH trail rides and read about the 100+ club in the papers.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

This is along the same lines as those high school kids filming their crime and posting it on YouTube.
"Lets go randomly punch that person in the face or pick a fight and film it."

"Lets film us doing some illegal street racing."

Old 02-20-2008, 12:15 PM
JK Super Freak

is the link just down for me? or has it been taken down?
Old 02-20-2008, 01:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Major Ho
This is along the same lines as those high school kids filming their crime and posting it on YouTube.
"Lets go randomly punch that person in the face or pick a fight and film it."

"Lets film us doing some illegal street racing."

I completely disagree. Some of you are just reading way too much into this. He was not hurting anyone, he was not "punching someone in the face", he was not "street racing". Give it a rest. That was a completely ridiculous statement.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

"It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye"

"Then it's just fun"

The kid does a 100 in a jeep and out come all the do-gooders!
Old 02-20-2008, 06:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JKSTER
i think its cool, i've been 145 in my Dad's 65 Mustang on some 6" wide tires and loved it when i was a teenager --- nobody says it ain't dangerous but he's not forcing yall to go 100 just showing everybody he did, if you don't like it just read another thread -- i think i'll have another white russian and i will please have you refer to me as the Dude
I call BS on this one.

You've had a few too many White Russians.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:58 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lol the 100mph club will also be included with the "i rolled my JK club" and the "lowest mpg club" lol i don't do 65 on the highway, i always try to do about 68-72 and it has worked good for me so far, all these kids my age are getting busted doing 50 in 35 zones and losing their licenses i always only do like 5mph over and play it safe my mom's a nurse and deals with these kids that run off the roads or get into serious accidents at night and it's not pretty.

Quick Reply: whoo! 100mph!