Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

whoo! 100mph!

Old 02-18-2008, 10:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by britjk
Know where it was? That's jeeping / landcruiser country. Save your ink - Huckabee is going to lose.
WTF?
Old 02-18-2008, 11:16 AM
JK Newbie

lol, i can't really tell, but i think i can see the fuel gauge dropping.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:36 AM
JK Junkie

Am I the only one that sets the cruise control at 65 and is ok with it?
Old 02-18-2008, 11:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

I did a hundred in my Jk heading to ohio state university. It last all of about 15 seconds til I backed off her but it never felt dangerous or out of control. Now 130 in my grandpas corvette at the ripe age of 18, was fan as hell and equally as stupid.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:58 AM
Fallen Hero

I actually hit a 100MPH on the Autobahn daily. It is not that bad actually there is still quite a bit of room left under the pedal for more. However anything over 70 MPH (120KPH) you can count down the MPG quite quiclkly.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:04 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also hit 100 when i was crossing arizona at night once, its cool
Old 02-18-2008, 02:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by zero2krazy
I did a hundred in my Jk heading to ohio state university. It last all of about 15 seconds til I backed off her but it never felt dangerous or out of control. Now 130 in my grandpas corvette at the ripe age of 18, was fan as hell and equally as stupid.
it really is quite stable.... stock.

hahaha.. sounds like fun. i use to drive my mothers old lexus GS 300... the thing would cut off at 143... i never pushed it quite that hard though.. but i wasnt far!
Old 02-18-2008, 02:20 PM
JK Super Freak

LOL, the kid just barely hit 100 n backed off. Still it was pretty good considering the tire size he advertised he was running, and if the speedo was out of calibration then he was probably going 110MPH+

I use my cruise to keep me at 75 or 70, most times. Heck the Jeep was doing 80/85 when I was driving it home from the showroom.
Old 02-18-2008, 02:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by CIJeep
LOL, the kid just barely hit 100 n backed off. Still it was pretty good considering the tire size he advertised he was running, and if the speedo was out of calibration then he was probably going 110MPH+

I use my cruise to keep me at 75 or 70, most times. Heck the Jeep was doing 80/85 when I was driving it home from the showroom.
You mean the OP? He's running stock Rubi tires, not oversized.
Old 02-18-2008, 02:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by CIJeep

i held 100 for a few seconds, but the reason i backed down so fast was because my exit was coming up. i did this as just a random thing. i've hit 100+ in it before, just never bothered filming it with my phone. I still have the stock rubi tires so the speedo should be correct.

Originally Posted by Suffolk JK
Am I the only one that sets the cruise control at 65 and is ok with it?
no... thats normally my cruis'n speed, that or 70, depends on how the traffic is moving. at 65 i get ~22mpg which is just fine by me.

Originally Posted by putnam dan
Drive how you want really I don't care - just telling the facts. The British police are also in discussion with Youtube to ban these tapes as they come up while at the same time tracing them for presecution - both for speeding and incitement. Timing between overpasses has been around for a while, computers read the plates so if your average over any didstance exceeds the limit you get a letter in the post.

Geez am I glad the US hasn't done this yet - the next thing is going to be on-star or some such phoning 911 for you when your speed is excessive.

I am in the 65 and cruise croud - however when I'm targetting an overpass or a space thats another matter.

yeah, i've heard about them doing that. i hate speed cameras, its just more bull shit for the states to get money. they've done studies that higer speed limits will save lifes. believe it or not... might not be good for the economy but people in general like speed. they don't make a ferrari for its looks...

Quick Reply: whoo! 100mph!