Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

who is part of the 37 in tire club..(post pics)

Old 05-27-2010, 10:41 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rubidozer
I have tried every kind of balance, but they still suck! One of my tires took almost 20 oz to get good enough! I'm not exaggerating!
These tires look cool, but they are the worst ever! They are Dick Cepek Mountaincat E/T (extreme terrain). They are horrible!
...Yes, I have had the wheels checked for warps, defects, etcetera... The only thing I haven't tried is the tire powders (balance, equal, sweet n low)!

Oh, well, they look good!
Is it all four that are bad, or just 1-2? A 37" tire can take significantly more than a small (31" or so) tire as the 37" tire weighs significantly more.

The tire uses the same carcass as the Cooper STT and the ProComp Extreme MT. And neither of those tires is known for having issues.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hopefully one day I can run a bigger lift and 37's but right now can't justify spending the $$$.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:55 AM
JK Freak

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ejyjk
How did all you guys balance your tires???
AEV recommends 5-100 miles to seat the tire before having the wheels balanced, so I waited a few days after mounting them. When I was going to take them in for balancing I found no vibration so I left them alone. Zero balancing, zero problems. These have been on about 8 wheeling trips and maybe 600 highway miles.

Old 05-31-2010, 05:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

^^ looking good I like the AEV's.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Stuka
Is it all four that are bad, or just 1-2? A 37" tire can take significantly more than a small (31" or so) tire as the 37" tire weighs significantly more.

The tire uses the same carcass as the Cooper STT and the ProComp Extreme MT. And neither of those tires is known for having issues.
It's just 1 really bad one, but they are all kind of funky with the way the tread design hits the pavement. They always cause the steering wheel to shimmy back and forth and the severity is affected by the speed.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:29 PM
JK Newbie

Click image for larger version

Name:	THRTY7S stars & stripes..jpg
Views:	1002
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	71068Click image for larger version

Name:	LIFE 413..jpg
Views:	681
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	71069Click image for larger version

Name:	22657.jpg
Views:	585
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	71070Click image for larger version

Name:	22656.jpg
Views:	574
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	71071
Old 06-04-2010, 04:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Looks good.
I just got my 17" Addicts from my bestest' buddy (read: UPS guy) last night and took them straight over to NTB to mount the 37" MTR's. Goin' up 4" today (plus a little time tomorrow if this afternoon rain pattern keeps up).
Much love to the whole XD Series.
Old 06-04-2010, 04:58 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Shizzlehappens
Looks good.
I just got my 17" Addicts from my bestest' buddy (read: UPS guy) last night and took them straight over to NTB to mount the 37" MTR's. Goin' up 4" today (plus a little time tomorrow if this afternoon rain pattern keeps up).
Much love to the whole XD Series.
Originally Posted by Freak
Do you work at a dealership on Rt 1? Saw that rig there, I think.

Shizzle - thanks, i appreciate it & yes much love to the XD series

Freak - Yeah, I'm a service advisor @ the Jeep dealer on RT1. The GM asked me to park it out front to help draw some attention to boost our Jeep sales. I built 2 w/ Mopar lifts after they had 40+ people call & come in to buy mine (which is NOT for sale)
Old 06-04-2010, 04:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Love the trek top !
Old 06-10-2010, 05:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default And I'm Spent

Moved on up...to the East Side...To the DEEElux Suspension Lift in the Sky-hiiiiiiiii.

The weather held out this past weekend (NOT). So I threw a quick tent over top and went at it. Nothing like welding brackets with water dripping on you to really get your heart pumping, or is that hyper-palpitating? I've got a newfound respect for underwater welders now.
Anyhow, the Superlift Kit went in without too much trouble (although the top of the front shocks is a heck of an ordeal to get them to tighten up with no stabilizer nut to hold the piston still).
So far, she rides great and looks ridiculous (read: awesome).
Now I've got to finish the wiring on the 7-pin and brake controller so we can take the pop-up out this weekend and do some light wheeling. Here's a few during and post-lift shots. More to come after this weekend.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Quick Reply: who is part of the 37 in tire club..(post pics)