Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

who is part of the 37 in tire club..(post pics)

Old 05-04-2010, 08:58 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally! I am in da club!

I rock crawled all over Moab with my YJ with 33's.

When I bought my rig back in early 07, I lifted and installed 35's with less than 500 miles. I thought I would never go bigger. Seems they just look better with 37's.

Here are the new General Grabbers. Just released.

I will let you guys know how they preform in Moab.

Going from Toyo's M/T's to these are great roller's!

Old 05-04-2010, 04:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scootrrydr
I rock crawled all over Moab with my YJ with 33's.

When I bought my rig back in early 07, I lifted and installed 35's with less than 500 miles. I thought I would never go bigger. Seems they just look better with 37's.

Here are the new General Grabbers. Just released.

I will let you guys know how they preform in Moab.

Going from Toyo's M/T's to these are great roller's!

Sweet, I am going to 37's after my 35's die and def interested in those new meats. Nice rig
Old 05-04-2010, 06:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

JKs just look normal with 37s. Is it because they look like the Jeep Rescue when they are sporting bigger meats?
I need some better pictures and I need to learn how to get them on the site...Something changed.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sayers316
OK so I was under the impression in order to fit 37's (regardless of lift size) it would require some trimming of the bumper/flares. I am going to be putting a 3.25" suspension lift w/a 1.25" bl on my 4 dr JK soon. I want to run 37s, will I not need to trim? I noticed the green jeep on the first page wasn't stubbied at all
It depends on the overall lift, and more importantly...or at least equally importantly...how you wheel it. If you are gentle with it and either don't off road at all or keep it civilized on the trail, you may be safe without trimming. If you push it, you will most likely scrub your bumpers/fenders/air dam. I have been waiting (semi-patiently) for a 4" Superlift that will allow me to run 37's "with minimal trimming if any at all" according to both their advertisement and their phone support tech. I didn't want to get too involved in a lift (ended up doing way too much to my TJ, eg: SYE, Drive Shafts, Drop Pitman...) so I searched and searched and finally found their kit. Anyhow, long story short...You CAN tuck 37's but the trimming will depend on how you use your new-found flexibility from the lift. If you do rub and don't want to trim, you may be able to get by with some extended bump stops, but you'll have to weigh out the cost of the loss of compression/flexibility.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:51 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Shizzlehappens
It depends on the overall lift, and more importantly...or at least equally importantly...how you wheel it. If you are gentle with it and either don't off road at all or keep it civilized on the trail, you may be safe without trimming. If you push it, you will most likely scrub your bumpers/fenders/air dam. I have been waiting (semi-patiently) for a 4" Superlift that will allow me to run 37's "with minimal trimming if any at all" according to both their advertisement and their phone support tech. I didn't want to get too involved in a lift (ended up doing way too much to my TJ, eg: SYE, Drive Shafts, Drop Pitman...) so I searched and searched and finally found their kit. Anyhow, long story short...You CAN tuck 37's but the trimming will depend on how you use your new-found flexibility from the lift. If you do rub and don't want to trim, you may be able to get by with some extended bump stops, but you'll have to weigh out the cost of the loss of compression/flexibility.

yea this is my current set up, doesn't seem to rub when turned at full turn, but I haven't been able to actually drive it yet, just turn to check (still waiting on the wheel spacers that are supposed to be here friday)
Old 05-05-2010, 12:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rubidozer
JKs just look normal with 37s. Is it because they look like the Jeep Rescue when they are sporting bigger meats?
I need some better pictures and I need to learn how to get them on the site...Something changed.
Since they have a longer Wheel Base (I'm assuming you're talking about the Unlimited when you say JK's) the gap between the tires makes them seem lower. Putting a TJ or a 2 door JK on 35's gives a similar look of an Unlimited on 37's. I had a TJ on 35's with a 4" lift that I traded in on a 4 door and I ordered a 4" lift for it. My wife said "you're only lifting it the same as the last one, right?" "Yup, same size lift" I told her. Let's just say that she was less than impressed when she found out that I had ordered 37's instead of 35's. I think she'll come around when she sees them on the Jeep.
Besides, there's tons of people running 35's. If you don't run 37's, you can't be in the club, and that wouldn't be much fun.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sayers316
yea this is my current set up, doesn't seem to rub when turned at full turn, but I haven't been able to actually drive it yet, just turn to check (still waiting on the wheel spacers that are supposed to be here friday)
I did the same thing with my TJ. Put 35's on it with the stock rims, neglecting the backspacing. I was fine as long as I was the only person in the vehicle and didn't hit any bumps but if I did....BRRRRRPPPPPPPP, right on the spring perches. The worst part was that I lived in Hawaii and it took 10 days to get my spacers....Oh, and did I forget to mention that the TJ was my Daily Driver? Good thing Wrangler MT/R's have such good sidewalls.
It probably sounds crazy, particularly here in a modder type forum, but I like the look of the stock flares and bumpers that I would mod the suspension specifically to avoid changing them on my 4 door JK.
Your set-up looks nice. Little bit of rock-rash on the wheel but all in all, simple and sweet. I miss those old MT/R's. I ordered a new set for my TJ to replace the worn ones and when they arrived, I was like "WTF, These aren't Wrangler MT/R's". After a while, they grew on me and I'm ok with the new style, and the whole "Kevlar" thing is a plus, but I'd love to go back to the style you're running.
Old 05-08-2010, 03:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Here is the first photo I had the time to resize.
It's also the first photo of my new soft top. Thanks to Ceejay5!

Last edited by Rubidozer; 05-08-2010 at 03:31 PM.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:53 AM
JK Newbie

Default Finally!

i have been checking out this thread in awe for almost a year now...but now i can finally post my JK up in the club.

let me know what y'all think!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20100509_Jeep_0011..jpg
Views:	366
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	66133   Click image for larger version

Name:	20100428_Jeep_0037..jpg
Views:	586
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	66134   Click image for larger version

Name:	20100509_Jeep_0005..jpg
Views:	325
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	66135   Click image for larger version

Name:	20100429_Jeep_0025..jpg
Views:	364
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	66136  
Old 05-11-2010, 09:40 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by seacebeod
i have been checking out this thread in awe for almost a year now...but now i can finally post my JK up in the club.

let me know what y'all think!
Sick! Love it! Mine's getting done this week. I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Quick Reply: who is part of the 37 in tire club..(post pics)