Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

who is part of the 37 in tire club..(post pics)

Old 04-13-2014, 12:56 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BrowniesJK
For any of you that have run MTR in the past and switched to nitto or toyo have you noticed any difference in off road performance? I love my MTR' off road but we all know about the onroad issues.... I know this is show and tell but just curious as I'm going to be in the market soon.
I liked my toyos off-road, but less on road. Liked the MTR on both til I started having problems, however now I think it's not all the tire. I got nittos the other day and still have a slight steering wheel wobble. Haven't got the nitto off-road yet though
Old 04-13-2014, 01:14 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jvandy50
I liked my toyos off-road, but less on road. Liked the MTR on both til I started having problems, however now I think it's not all the tire. I got nittos the other day and still have a slight steering wheel wobble. Haven't got the nitto off-road yet though
That is my fear... If they wobble I'd prefer the MTR
Old 04-13-2014, 01:24 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BrowniesJK
That is my fear... If they wobble I'd prefer the MTR
I've gotta have some other problem. I've just always read a speed dependent shimmy is usually tires. The nittos are quieter on road(which makes no difference to me, hell I like the sound of grapplers), and they ride soooo much smoother than my MTR ever did
Old 04-13-2014, 01:27 PM
JK Junkie

I liked my toyos off-road, but less on road. Liked the MTR on both til I started having problems, however now I think it's not all the tire. I got nittos the other day and still have a slight steering wheel wobble. Haven't got the nitto off-37" road yet though
I've never had any problems with my MTR K's

I finally had a perfect sunny day yesterday and two friends to help, so we took off the hard top and put on the soft top!

Old 04-13-2014, 01:31 PM
JK Newbie

I have trailer grappler m/t 37-13.50. When I put them on DW went away
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1069559501.jpg
Views:	601
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	545412  
Old 04-13-2014, 01:32 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Matthewd5
I've never had any problems with my MTR K's I finally had a perfect sunny day yesterday and two friends to help, so we took off the hard top and put on the soft top!
Like I said, I don't think they were the problem now. So I basically took off a set of good used tires for nothing lol. Got some researching to do now...
Old 04-13-2014, 01:34 PM
JK Junkie

I've gotta have some other problem. I've just always read a speed dependent shimmy is usually tires. The nittos are quieter on road(which makes no difference to me, hell I like the sound of grapplers), and they ride soooo much smoother than my MTR ever did
I'm happy with the MTR's but they are the only 37" tire I've had, plus it's not like its easy to go test drive 3 or 4 different 37" tires!

I want to do what I can to learn about the other options so when I wear out the MTR's I'll be more informed

Matthew
Old 04-14-2014, 03:00 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for chiming in guys. Setup certainly plays into it. With my current set up the MTR's are running much better. Noise really isn't an issue in my case, I just don't want the same balancing issues I had in the past. I guess I still have some thinking to do but will post an updated pic when I pull the trigger
Old 04-14-2014, 04:56 PM
JK Freak

I had 35" MTRs and I liked them, balanced easily for me, just some tape weights on the wheels and they were fine.

But, I will say, I just put on 37" mud grapplers and new atx slabs. Needed Zero balancing! I was blown away on my first test drive, took the jeep up to 90mph and it smooth as can be. After putting 100 miles on them, they are a far superior tire on the road. I am running them at 28 psi just like I had my MTRs.
Old 04-14-2014, 05:02 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Brightwhite
I had 35" MTRs and I liked them, balanced easily for me, just some tape weights on the wheels and they were fine.

But, I will say, I just put on 37" mud grapplers and new atx slabs. Needed Zero balancing! I was blown away on my first test drive, took the jeep up to 90mph and it smooth as can be. After putting 100 miles on them, they are a far superior tire on the road. I am running them at 28 psi just like I had my MTRs.
That is interesting , they didn't have any balancing issues with mine.

How much of a weight difference between the tires?

How do you like the slabs??

I couldn't decide so I got the Pro Comp Series. 98 's because they look decent and were cheap, leaving my options open.

Beadlocks are not legal in my state, but when it's up for inspection they will only see it with the factory wheels!

Quick Reply: who is part of the 37 in tire club..(post pics)