Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

who is part of the 37 in tire club..(post pics)

Old 01-04-2008, 01:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by buttsbd
thanks for the numbers, it helps. Have you got a body lift or is it just the 4" (what brand). Any tranny problems? i hear the 37's can cause tranny problems.

I haven't done the body lift yet, but I may do a 1" body lift after I do front and rear bumpers to give a little more fender clearance, but we'll see. I have not had any driveline or tranny issues yet (see your other thread for teh fannay answer) but I did this lift and tire combo with the idea of eventually getting new axles and drive shafts.

Also, I ride a motorcycle as much as possible, so the Jeep is not totally my daily driver and not my only mode of transportation. If it weren't for this, I may have chose differently.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:55 PM
JK Junkie

Took some pics today. Bumpers sooooon.
before

after

Old 01-07-2008, 04:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kntr
Took some pics today. Bumpers sooooon.
before

after

Looks great kntr! Congrats!
Old 01-07-2008, 05:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

thats bad ass looking. and i look at those mud flaps, half of me goes "wha.. wait... does he really expect those to do anything with those tires... " but the other half of me finds them strangly appealing and i think your jeep looks better with them...
Old 01-07-2008, 05:23 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by atomicmecha
thats bad ass looking. and i look at those mud flaps, half of me goes "wha.. wait... does he really expect those to do anything with those tires... " but the other half of me finds them strangly appealing and i think your jeep looks better with them...
The steps actually serve more of a purpose keeping stuff off the side than the mudflaps. I like em. By law I have to run them.
Old 01-07-2008, 05:34 PM
JK Super Freak

The steps actually serve more of a purpose keeping stuff off the side than the mudflaps. I like em. By law I have to run them.
its a law that you must have mud flaps in Montana? hmmm...
Old 01-07-2008, 05:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

...the mud flap law is probably related to height of truck. They have the same law here in AZ and do enforce it. I have not had any issues but a buddy of mine in a Dodge Ram with 35"s and 2" lift got stopped and ticket for no mud flaps. They normally don't write em but can...
Old 01-07-2008, 05:55 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by atomicmecha
its a law that you must have mud flaps in Montana? hmmm...
I was stopped a couple years ago in my F150. The cop told me vehicles with tires 33" and up have to run mudflaps. I got a ticket. I had mudflaps put on and they dropped the ticket.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kntr,

How did you get the 37" spare tire to mount with the stock bumper on the rear ? I got my 08 Sahara in the shop right now getting a 4.5" lift with 37's and would love to mount my 37" spare on it with my stock bumper. That is untill AEV gets there rrear bumpber on the market.

By the way, your JK looks Great. Very nice job.........

Last edited by boots; 01-07-2008 at 06:07 PM.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

By chance is anyone planning on running the RE 3.5 lift with tube fenders and 37s? Or am I crazy thinking I might be able to get away with it?

Quick Reply: who is part of the 37 in tire club..(post pics)