Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

who is part of the 37 in tire club..(post pics)

Old 10-12-2011, 04:26 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JKStell
I just got into this club a week and a half ago...undergoing a lot of work right now to make it trail ready since I only regeared (and locked) the rear (I have a beefed D30 with matching gears in my basement, just need to get time to do the whole swap).

That's with trimmed fender flares and hammered rear pinch seams - only 2" of lift. I have OME HD springs and LT shocks sitting in my basement...so I should get another 1.5" or so in lift. Along with the swap up front and the coils/shocks I have lower front control arms to put in, JKS HD rear trackbar, some painting to do and some armor to put on (PSC rocker armor and Rubi rails). I will also be doing Rock Krawler rear uppers/lowers and coil wedges to move the rear axle back an inch. And then finally I will be getting the Rock Krawler pro alum. tie rod and doing something about the draglink, too. Getting ready for fall/winter wheelin'!

Pretty wide with 10" rims and 3 3/4" backspacing!
Dude Jeep looks sick but will you please attend to your rusty corner guards and tailgate!
Old 10-14-2011, 05:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by racin444
Dude Jeep looks sick but will you please attend to your rusty corner guards and tailgate!
Well, you see...I had the entire back end Herculined...both of the crusher corners AND the entire tailgate. Of course it faded real bad, and it also got rougher, I guess just from weathering? Either way, I really started hating the Herculiner lol.

Anyway, I was also running OEM tail lights with the corners, and when I switched to the LEDs I had to have the cut-out missing panels (for the OEM housings to fit) welded back in, just to able to cut the new holes for the LEDs. So at the same time I wanted to get away from the Herculiner...I stripped the 2 corners, and most of the tailgate. The tailgate still needs to be stripped some, but it's almost there...it was VERY hard since I put the Herculiner right on the paint...what a bond it makes! But I went over to a smoother, spray on bedliner that Duplicolor is making called 'bed armor', and I really like how it comes out. The passenger side corner is done (although I have to touch 2 edges up). The driver's side corner is primed (brown), and the tailgate, like I said, still has to get the last bit of Herculiner stripped off of it...then prime and new bedliner. I just need 2 or 3 days to be able to not use my Jeep and finish it all up and let everything dry good...haven't gotten a chance yet since I use my Jeep as a work truck. Soon though...I am going to do it when I do my front end swap/new lift (coils and shocks), front lower control arms, and rear JKS trackbar. Everything at once...I have all the parts, just short on time.

Glad you like it though!

Last edited by JKStell; 10-14-2011 at 05:35 AM.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:40 AM
JK Freak

Hey I've been thinking about going to crusher corners and led but are they street legal everywhere or only certain states?
Old 10-14-2011, 07:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 08JKRHD
Hey I've been thinking about going to crusher corners and led but are they street legal everywhere or only certain states?
From what I understand they are 50 state legal.

I got my LEDs from Poison Spyder, and when I got them I noticed the LED lenses have "Truck-Lite" on them...they make a whole array of industrial truck lights...blinkers, markers, tail lights, emergency, reverse lights, spot lights...LED and incandescent, the whole 9 yards. So with that in mind, I'd say there's a pretty good chance that what I understand, is true...50 state legal.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:16 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JKStell

From what I understand they are 50 state legal.

I got my LEDs from Poison Spyder, and when I got them I noticed the LED lenses have "Truck-Lite" on them...they make a whole array of industrial truck lights...blinkers, markers, tail lights, emergency, reverse lights, spot lights...LED and incandescent, the whole 9 yards. So with that in mind, I'd say there's a pretty good chance that what I understand, is true...50 state legal.
Are yours poison spider ? I was going to use warriors... How big a pita are they?
Old 10-14-2011, 01:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 08JKRHD
Are yours poison spider ? I was going to use warriors... How big a pita are they?
Not bad at all. I had to screw around some to get them to not blink twice as fast, since Poison Spyder's wiring diagram is incorrect, but I got it. I could even walk you through it at this point.

Brian
Old 10-16-2011, 02:06 PM
JK Junkie

In finally!

Old 10-16-2011, 03:28 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by fadeout
In finally!

very jealous...how long have you had those and how are they riding? looks great
Old 10-16-2011, 04:08 PM
JK Junkie

Have had them about a week now and they ride exactly the same as the 35's that I had (same tire) which is what I was hoping for with them. Nice and quiet on the road and perform awesome off.
Old 10-16-2011, 04:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Joined last weekend.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20111016_201223.jpg
Views:	631
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	224525

Quick Reply: who is part of the 37 in tire club..(post pics)