Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Who needs big tires and a lift to look cool?

Old 04-11-2013, 03:25 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

To the OP who drives or buys a jeep for fuel mileage anyways??? What jeep owner doesn't know after lift and bigger tires we're going to take a hit on fuel mileage? I don't think we need your warning as you posted earlier. Most lifted jeeps you see aren't offroaders ..... how would you know? Duh if you're "city-roader"(don't want to say mall crawler cause I believe if someone wants lift and mod their jeep and not Offroad it that's their prerogative).... back to my point if you're spending your time on city streets passing other modded lifted jeeps today how do you know that tomorrow they aren't Offroading??
Lift and tires are a big advantage when your Offroad like a previous person posted. The bit of fuel loss is well worth the trade for not only the "looks" of a lifted, bigger tire jeep but for the advantages it brings Offroading. Obviously the city crawlers lifted and with bigger tires agree that the bit of fuel loss is worth it for LOOKS alone.
In my own opinion the jeeps with other mods but no lift and bigger tires look like they're missing something. But that's no shot at them.... That's how I started smaller mods and I was crazy in love with my jeep back then. But blessed with a good paying job I was able to keep adding to my jeep mods ( I started the thread
MODAHOLIC " Hi my name is") I was able to do several more mods including lift and 35's and actually gained back fuel loss after re gearing and getting a Superchip. Plus use the advantages of these mods Offroad..... so just because you pass lifted modded jeeps on the street today doesn't mean tomorrow they're not having a blast Offroading their rigs tomorrow.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:59 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by mossyoak outdoors
i also owned a jk before my second jk. I had only put on Rubicon mud tires and gas mileage sunk.
I did not say it never, but if you load up a jeep with full armor, bumpers etc, its going to affect it more than just a set of 33's and a leveling kit...

Heres mine with teraflex leveling, 285 cooper st maxx, and 1.25" spacers. I love it!

Last edited by Kojack; 04-11-2013 at 04:01 AM.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:35 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kojack
Heres mine with teraflex leveling, 285 cooper st maxx, and 1.25" spacers. I love it!

Great color -
Old 04-11-2013, 05:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The OP is telling the truth, if you don't like it well that's your problem. you can go just about anywhere on stock suspension and a good set of 32's in a jeep JK. trust me I know. have 35's now and it makes it a lil easier to wheel but either way I was just as happy wheeling my jeep on 32's. met a lot a guys in moab over the years in JKs that acted like they were better than me cause they had a lift and big tires but what could they really say when I made it everywhere they went? that's right, nothing... if you need a bunch of craptastic stuff to make YOU a better wheeler, go for it. I like mine as stock as possible, but the 35's are a nice touch Just get out there! JEEPS RULE!!!
Old 04-11-2013, 07:17 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I agree 100%.

the JK is the most capable wheeler off the showroom floor. EVER. I added the leveling kit, 285's and stuff that I want, because it gives my rig a little more clearance in the trails, a little more stability on the street, and I Like it. I actually think anything over 3" and 35" tires does not look good on the jeep. My opinion of course. as long as you wheel it, its all good. hell I wheeled the crap out of my patriot and went Many Many places that supposedly more capable rigs could not. I guess its the driver.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Although the armor allows bumps and rubs with minimal damage to paint and sheet metal offroad. I wanted aftermarket sliders more for the morons in parking lots. Those would be people who drive crap autos and fling the their doors open with no regard for anyone around them. I even leave the receiver hitch installed for that gal who just has to text or even tailgate. You know, the idiot who seems to think being 6" off your bumper is going to move traffic along faster.

Although my jeep is offroad at least once a week, the armor is to inflict substantial damage to the people mentioned above . I wish I would have gotten a photo of the white trash who did rear end me, then tried to explain how it's not her fault that she drives with no insurance....
Old 04-11-2013, 07:45 AM
JK Freak

I put on bigger tires, but left the lift stock. I added a few things here and there to my Rubi, but kept it pretty basic. When you add everything together, including things like a sun shade and flashlight, I am at about $3150 for JK related stuff. Very happy and on budget.

This why I love the forum. You can see what everyone else is doing and how it works for them. Then you can put together what you need for what you want to do.

Both of my other Jeeps were stock (other then driving lights) and I enjoyed both of them so much I bought another.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:03 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jk.bushwacker
The OP is telling the truth, if you don't like it well that's your problem. you can go just about anywhere on stock suspension and a good set of 32's in a jeep JK. trust me I know. have 35's now and it makes it a lil easier to wheel but either way I was just as happy wheeling my jeep on 32's. met a lot a guys in moab over the years in JKs that acted like they were better than me cause they had a lift and big tires but what could they really say when I made it everywhere they went? that's right, nothing... if you need a bunch of craptastic stuff to make YOU a better wheeler, go for it. I like mine as stock as possible, but the 35's are a nice touch Just get out there! JEEPS RULE!!!
Originally Posted by Kojack
I agree 100%.

the JK is the most capable wheeler off the showroom floor. EVER. I added the leveling kit, 285's and stuff that I want, because it gives my rig a little more clearance in the trails, a little more stability on the street, and I Like it. I actually think anything over 3" and 35" tires does not look good on the jeep. My opinion of course. as long as you wheel it, its all good. hell I wheeled the crap out of my patriot and went Many Many places that supposedly more capable rigs could not. I guess its the driver.
Originally Posted by Rayster
Although the armor allows bumps and rubs with minimal damage to paint and sheet metal offroad. I wanted aftermarket sliders more for the morons in parking lots. Those would be people who drive crap autos and fling the their doors open with no regard for anyone around them. I even leave the receiver hitch installed for that gal who just has to text or even tailgate. You know, the idiot who seems to think being 6" off your bumper is going to move traffic along faster.

Although my jeep is offroad at least once a week, the armor is to inflict substantial damage to the people mentioned above . I wish I would have gotten a photo of the white trash who did rear end me, then tried to explain how it's not her fault that she drives with no insurance....
Originally Posted by knight1000
I put on bigger tires, but left the lift stock. I added a few things here and there to my Rubi, but kept it pretty basic. When you add everything together, including things like a sun shade and flashlight, I am at about $3150 for JK related stuff. Very happy and on budget.

This why I love the forum. You can see what everyone else is doing and how it works for them. Then you can put together what you need for what you want to do.

Both of my other Jeeps were stock (other then driving lights) and I enjoyed both of them so much I bought another.

I just wanted to point out that the above members (and many others) are what this forum is all about. They don't feel the need to preach to others what they are doing wrong or that they don't use THEIR JK right. It's yours, if you buy a JK Sport and only add a little dashboard hula girl and drive it to the beach every weekend, your still driving a Jeep.

Heres to you -
Old 04-12-2013, 03:12 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JMann2380
33x10.5 km2's and wheel it regularly. Just Line-x'ed the interior and put in a Tuffy console.
Looking good! Where did you get the wheels are they Hutchinson's? Me likey!
Old 04-12-2013, 07:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Evo35
I just wanted to point out that the above members (and many others) are what this forum is all about. They don't feel the need to preach to others what they are doing wrong or that they don't use THEIR JK right. It's yours, if you buy a JK Sport and only add a little dashboard hula girl and drive it to the beach every weekend, your still driving a Jeep.

Heres to you -
I need a dashboard hula girl!

Quick Reply: Who needs big tires and a lift to look cool?