Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Who needs big tires and a lift to look cool?

Old 04-02-2013, 03:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Evo35
I guess I will throw up the first picture of a non-lifted with 33" tires. I do want a 2" lift, but don't have one yet. I drive 100 miles a day round trip to work and love my JK.

Attachment 441582 Attachment 441583 Attachment 441584 Attachment 441585

Looks great! I like the color combo and the details.....
Old 04-02-2013, 04:00 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by SRJeep
Looks great! I like the color combo and the details.....
Hey Thanks SRJeep - I still need to install my rock lights and my Rigid reverse lights. I have them, I'm just being lazy. Oh and I have a custom slant back soft top (similar to the Trektop NX). I can't wait to get that back on for the summer (I am sooo ready...)

Old 04-02-2013, 06:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ptrckdillard
It's a Viair 400c heavy duty compressor with a 2 gallon tank. All you need is the wiring, some u-bolts, the regulator switch, and a gauge. Many places sell everything you need plus stuff you don't in a kit. I just checked quadratec and they have a system for about 370.

I only used this kit because I already had it from 2010.

I'd look into the ARB system that mounts right above your master cylinder. Less space used and almost as fast without a tank.

If you go the route I did feel free to PM me and I'll send you my # if you any ?'s
thanks ill check out the arb also
Old 04-02-2013, 01:54 PM
JK Newbie

Well since the idea of this thread somehow managed to get off the original topic very quick, here's my stock JK that I have made several small mods to without putting a lift and tires on yet. It looks pretty badass going down the road at night with all the lights on and nobody knows I am running stock.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lights at Night.jpg
Views:	633
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	441808
Old 04-02-2013, 03:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Here's my stock 2011. I have some JKU springs in the garage that'll give me 2" max and I'll be picking up some 33" duratracs soon but that's about as big as I'll go. Not interested in any tire bigger than 33". I admit I am partially doing this for a better look but I also wheel during the summer and it'll give me a better advantage on the trails. I removed the plastic bumper cover and might do a modest stinger. other than that....I'm good to go. 2nd pic is my gf's JKU. She might do 33's as well, it's her jeep so she can decide.

Old 04-02-2013, 05:12 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Kojack
Thing is, with a jk, 2" of lift and 33" tires does not affect gas milage as much as heavy bumpers and armor would.
i also owned a jk before my second jk. I had only put on Rubicon mud tires and gas mileage sunk.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:15 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Evo35
I guess I will throw up the first picture of a non-lifted with 33" tires. I do want a 2" lift, but don't have one yet. I drive 100 miles a day round trip to work and love my JK.

Attachment 441582 Attachment 441583 Attachment 441584 Attachment 441585
nice rims.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mossyoak outdoors
i also owned a jk before my second jk. I had only put on Rubicon mud tires and gas mileage sunk.

Mud tires have a greater rolling resistance than many other tread designs.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:19 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mossyoak outdoors
exactly, im just trying to warn some jeepers out there, bigger tires will greatly increase your mpg wasted and lift kits put stress on your jeep parts. Transmission will blow earlier then expected due to lift kits.Everything that deals with the suspension will be affected. be careful what you see on this thread, monkey see monkey do. This goes to the daily drivers. I love my jeep its my daily driver, im going to mod it but keep the tires and lift as stock as possible, the Rubicon tires is prob as high as i'll go.
Not sure how you are going to blow your tranny due to a lift kit? If you lived out here and wheeled you may think differently!
Old 04-04-2013, 03:42 PM
JK Freak

Stock Jeeps make it on Slickrock all the time!

I don't wheel. I don't drive it. Just sits in garage.

Don't want to wear down my tires or tranny.

Quick Reply: Who needs big tires and a lift to look cool?