Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Who needs big tires and a lift to look cool?

Old 04-01-2013, 02:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who needs big tires and a lift to look cool?

I want to see JK'S modded out with bumpers lights, anything aftermarket except lift and 33's+ in tires. I owned a TJ for many years with lift and big tires but want to avoid it! most people i see with big tires and lift rarely go offroading! show me your jeep.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mossyoak outdoors
I want to see JK'S modded out with bumpers lights, anything aftermarket except lift and 33's+ in tires. I owned a TJ for many years with lift and big tires but want to avoid it! most people i see with big tires and lift rarely go offroading! show me your jeep.
I take it that you didn't offroad your TJ then?
Old 04-01-2013, 03:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

TJ's are more capable in stock form than people realize. Yes they are better when you modify them and will do amazing things but I wheel with guys in stock jeeps all the time and they are very capable. You forget jeeps are trail rated because they are tested offroad in stock form. Most guys who wheel a stock jeep are better wheelers than those modify their jeeps. Jeeps are the most capable 4x4 from the factory they don't need to be highly modded to go offroad. I watched a guy in a base model steel wheeled TJ with a squirrel take the same rock garden a Rockwell equipped TJ with 44's and it made it with out one single tug of a rope or winch. Yeah it scrapped and banged but the other guy looked like he lost his best friend when that guy followed him.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:27 PM
JK Super Freak

This should be interesting...Who's talking about "looking" cool? All Jeeps already are cool. If you ask the average person they really don't know or care about the nuances between the different add-ons we all do to our jeeps. We just make up these differences on our own. It's human nature to try to categorize, I guess. Saying that jeeps with big tires or lifts aren't wheeled as much as stock jeeps might be misleading as well.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'll post up some pictures of my JK after the weekend hopefully, I have my stubby bumper caps and a pair of 6" offroad lights in and a MOPAR bumper bar on order that I expect to get in yet this week or early next.
I can't pony up for the big mods and it's my DD so I have to suffice with little mods to make it unique.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:37 PM
JK Freak

Most people I see with big tires and lift rarely go offroading?

Oh, I get it. April Fools!

Right?
Old 04-01-2013, 04:09 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by DesolationMania
Most people I see with big tires and lift rarely go offroading?

Oh, I get it. April Fools!

Right?
Old 04-01-2013, 04:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mossyoak outdoors
For sure I don't need big tires to look cool. If I start having trouble getting where I want to go off-road, that will be another story. So far the only time I've gotten stopped by the terrain it was driver error, not my 32" tires.

I did lift the JK a couple+ inches, but that was to get more suspension travel, not to clear tires.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:39 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was cool before my big tires and lift.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:02 PM
JK Newbie

lol no April fools here, well most people in my area North New Jersey try to buy jeeps and throw tires and lift on. I wheeled my TJ,i don't think lifting and wasting that much more gas is worth it were i live, stock is good enough just wanna see bumpers,lights and stuff without a lift and big senseless tires ya know?!

Quick Reply: Who needs big tires and a lift to look cool?