Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Who makes these side rails/step, Smittybilt? - Pic Request please..

Old 06-06-2011, 02:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who makes these side rails/step, Smittybilt? - Pic Request please..

I've scrounged the web and though I thought these were Smittybilt after diggin around, I think not.. So, who makes these side steps/rails?

Please share your pics of them.. especially looking for pics of them mounted on a Mango!!

Old 06-06-2011, 02:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yup 2d smittybilt, got a buddy with the 4d of the same type. Seems tough but don't know how the finish holds up. Only been on his rig a month.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:40 AM
JK Super Freak

I was pleasantly surprised how rock solid these are...I suppose I shouldn't have been. There wasn't a bit of flex, creak or movement. The finish seemed pretty robust..and a dead match for Duplicor Bedline. My plan is to bed line the rockers and then add these...

Trying to locate more pictures but what I find seems to be the rails, not the ones with the steps built in...

Last edited by MikekiM; 06-06-2011 at 04:50 AM.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:47 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are these the ones that can be fipped up or down? Up for side protection or down for a step.

I am looking for something similar but definitely a bolt on. I don't want to punch a bunch of holes in the rockers.
Old 06-11-2011, 06:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Not sure about flipping them. I've read all the writeups and install instructions and see nothing about flipping them. They use the studs that mount the body to the chassis, no holes need to be drilled.
Although Smitybilt does include a word of caution about variations in the mounting points and the possibility of having to 'massage' the mounting points, they don't say anything about drilling or flipping.

I just ordered a JKU in Mango Tango.. 15x10 Blackrock 909s with Duratrac 33's and I am having these steps installed by the dealer.

Should have it by the end of the week!!

My JK served me well, but Mango caught my eye!!

Quick Reply: Who makes these side rails/step, Smittybilt? - Pic Request please..