Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Who has scratches?

Old 04-21-2012, 11:14 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DadsCJ
Yea, got scratches, scrapes, nicks, dings,........ Hell I use the Jeep as a Jeep otherwise I would have bought a Hummer.

Attachment 307394
So many times I've looked down trails like this and gone awe shit this is gonna be painful.... that's why mine looks like a reversed zebra was carved into the side of it. When it gets fubar'd enough I'll just go flat black and start all over.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Feel the same way with my black 2012. I put vinyl down the side in matte black mainly to protect winter salt and rock spray from my tires.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:37 AM
JK Freak

Love my scratched to hell black jeep.
Old 04-22-2012, 12:17 PM
JK Freak

Does this count as a scratch?

Old 04-30-2012, 11:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by duluthjk
Does this count as a scratch?
Yes, and them some. Get some touch up paint to protect from rust and then get a set of rubi rail take offs. They'll hide the damage, and then prevent this from happening again. Or leave as is, up to you.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:07 PM
JK Freak

My hardtop has pinstripes all over it. Went they some very narrow trails a few weeks ago. I like the look of a jeep that is used for what it's meant for. Looks way better than shiny and waxed.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

I got ALOT of Arkansas pin-stripes!
Old 04-30-2012, 12:31 PM
JK Super Freak

This was one of the very first trails I took my Rubicon on when it was new. I was like... !!! I thought my paint job was going to be destroyed. But we took pruning shears and did what we could to try to save it. When I got home, it looked horrible. But once I washed and waxed it, I couldn't believe my eyes. There really were only a few pinstripes on the side of the hard top, and a lot of pinstripes on the roof. I had waxed the Jeep probably 5 or 6 times before taking it to that trail, and I really believe that's what saved it. So I have continued to wax it once a month, and now after 16 months and a lot of trails, it still looks pretty sharp. I do ALWAYS carry pruning shears, ax, and hand saw at all times though, and I avoide brushy trails if possible. And I'm trying to learn to not be so uptite about it, since I did make a concious choice to buy black and made the committment to keep it as nice as I can, while still using it off-road.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Brushy Trail.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	311003
Old 04-30-2012, 12:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

To cut down on the amount of scratches on one trail, I used a rock to just remove one of my fenders. For the rest of the trip it did not get any more scratches. So just rub up on a rock and remove those fenders….. I bought a buffer over a month ago, just can’t seem to bring myself to remove the pin striping

AMen
Old 04-30-2012, 01:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh yeah, scratches, a few dents, scraped paint, rust, you name it, it is there.

About once a year I go over it and make it pretty again (I cheat and use a tinted wax), but, hey, this is why I bought it.

Quick Reply: Who has scratches?