Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Who has scratches?

Old 04-21-2012, 06:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only bad thing about a black jeep! But she wears em with pride hahah
Old 04-21-2012, 06:41 PM
JK Freak

I've got lots of "BC pinstriping" on mine. The only ones that bug me are on the hood. It's like they are glaring at me. Gonna put some limb risers on soon.
Aside from the scratches, my paint also has what looks like tiny rusty speckles on it, you can feel them when you run your hand over it. They bug me. I'm gonna try and wax it and see what happens, if it ever stops raining here. I bought some wax last summer, and both times I tried to wax it, it started raining as soon as I dipped the wax applicater in the wax!
Old 04-21-2012, 06:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Christine
I trail, then I buff.
Hahaha...quote of the week!
Old 04-21-2012, 07:02 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tkautos@verizon.net
That looks a bit familiar. Ocala National Forest?
Close, Lochloosa WMA.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

i have a rediculous amount of trail scares on my rig! its part of having a jeep and when its clean and not dirty and sitting in a parking lot, people dont think its a mall crawler bc its obviously used like a jeep should be!
Old 04-21-2012, 07:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you don't like scratches all you have to do is give it a good waxing.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:23 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rubichronic
I've got lots of "BC pinstriping" on mine. The only ones that bug me are on the hood. It's like they are glaring at me. Gonna put some limb risers on soon.
Aside from the scratches, my paint also has what looks like tiny rusty speckles on it, you can feel them when you run your hand over it. They bug me. I'm gonna try and wax it and see what happens, if it ever stops raining here. I bought some wax last summer, and both times I tried to wax it, it started raining as soon as I dipped the wax applicater in the wax!
After a good washing use detailing clay. Don't forget to wax after the clay.

Paul
Old 04-21-2012, 07:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by melor
After a good washing use detailing clay. Don't forget to wax after the clay.

Paul
x2. Those tiny specs of rust are more than likely rail dust. It happens when vehicles are transported from the plant to the car lot.

Waxing will not take them away. To remove the rail dust you will have to clay bar.

Step 1. Wash and dry.
Step 2. Clay bar.
Step 3. Wax
Old 04-21-2012, 10:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JKCloak
Only bad thing about a black jeep! But she wears em with pride hahah
Yeah, Black is the absolute WORST color to get if you don't like the scratches. Sometimes I wish I had gotten a lighter color like silver or even the arctic. I do love black though.

After my first two wheeling trips, I went and got an estimate to buff it out. After many more trips, I just laugh at the scratches now. As long as it doesn't scratch through the paint to bare metal, it's all good!

I have been in a few situations where you get to the top of an obstacle only to see overgrown brush that will definitely give you some pin stripes and now way to go around it. You could back all they down and maybe go around, but F* that!

Like others have mentioned, if you see a Jeep with no scratches, they're not getting their moneys worth...

Last edited by suicideking; 04-21-2012 at 10:23 PM.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:54 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just did a jeep course in AZ and one guy had a black Rubi, his friend had a black Commander both in pristine condition. They took bad lines to avoid bushes and at every stop they were wiping the dust to see how deep the pinstripe was.

I don't think they were into the off pavement idea of a Jeep. The Commander nailed his front (chrome ewww) skid so hard it dimpled his vinyl front bumper from the backside. It sounded like he was going to catch hell for it from the wife.

Quick Reply: Who has scratches?