Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Who has scratches?

Old 04-21-2012, 12:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who has scratches?

It seems like I never see any scratches on any ones jeeps even ones that wheel... WTF I have had my 2012 for 3500 mi and I scratched the $h!t out of it on two trails. I'm wondering if (1) people are avoiding trails with heavy brush or do people remove stuff out of there way as they go? Who has scratches?
Old 04-21-2012, 12:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a sh!t ton of scratches.
Old 04-21-2012, 12:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

i use mopar touch ups
Old 04-21-2012, 01:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

After a couple years, I had more scratches than paint. I though all hope was lost, but I stopped into a local body shop just to see what they thought.... For $150 they buffed the whole jeep and wet sanded the really bad spots. I'd say 95% of the scratches are completely gone and the remaining ones don't look nearly as bad as they did. I'm really happy with it.

A word of advice though... If you use your jeep, you're going to get pin-striping. The trail brush is often unavoidable. If you run to the body shop every time you get a scratch, youll end up never taking it off road. Accept that it won't always look show-room shiny and get it buffed every year or two. You'll be surprised what buffs out!

Cheers!
Old 04-21-2012, 01:04 PM
JK Freak

Scratches prove you're not driving a mall crawler.
Old 04-21-2012, 01:06 PM
JK Freak

I do and anyone else who actually runs trails, etc.
Old 04-21-2012, 01:10 PM
JK Freak

I have a bunch of scratches, but my Jeep is silver so you can barely see them.
Old 04-21-2012, 01:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Me too

I was wondering the same thing. Have an '11 JKU Black (of course). The scratches I've got from wheeling... I can live with. BUT.... it's like there is no clearcoat at all. a simple carwash (not heavily soiled, my own clean wash pad, clean water, etc) yields a redonkulous amount of scratches. I thought I was nuts at first, but you can literally scratch it with your fingernail. I mean WTF? I used to be a detailer, and I've never seen such a soft exterior paint job.
Old 04-21-2012, 01:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Plenty of scratches on my Jeep's body, wheels and tops
Old 04-21-2012, 01:24 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by imedic31
I was wondering the same thing. Have an '11 JKU Black (of course). The scratches I've got from wheeling... I can live with. BUT.... it's like there is no clearcoat at all. a simple carwash (not heavily soiled, my own clean wash pad, clean water, etc) yields a redonkulous amount of scratches. I thought I was nuts at first, but you can literally scratch it with your fingernail. I mean WTF? I used to be a detailer, and I've never seen such a soft exterior paint job.
One option is to take it to a place like Ziebart's and have it diamond coated. But I know what you mean... I have an '11 black Rubi and have noticed the same thing... would be nice if the paint job was a bit more durable.

Quick Reply: Who has scratches?