Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Who does hemi conversions?

Old 12-13-2008, 03:25 PM
dsy
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SaharaBlackNo1
So, if you get the AEV Hemi Conversion Kit, plus the hemi you want, plus the 5-45RFE tranny. Is that all you need for the swap? Is the AEV kit that complete?

That question is aimed at DSY, but anyone who knows, feel free to chime in.
Actually no, you still need the ps pump from a srt8 GC, alt from a GC and a/c compressor from a 07 commander, ex manifolds from a 5.7 GC also, a flywheel if you buy a new motor, then a bunch of misc parts. All told about $1,500. in extras besides the kit. The AEV site list all the extras needed and the retail prices for that stuff, but you can get everything close to wholesale and no tax from moparonlineparts.com or some place similar.
Old 12-13-2008, 03:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Thanks, dsy, at least now I've got a more accurate idea of costs, parts, etc.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:59 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

That is true about the items that you need. I can hook you up with the aprts if you want. I am a Mopar dealer also.

For a good quote i would need to see what motor and tranny set up that you have. The extras like the compressor and such boost the cost.

Call me or PM i will help you. We have done JK Hemi, TJ Hemi, Brute Conversions, and much more. We offer Factory trained technicains and years of Mopar experience to our customers.

Gerry
Old 12-16-2008, 04:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

If I can add my two cents worth; Gerry at SLC is helping me with mine and he is VERY knowledgeable about the entire process. If you want to install it yourself like DSY did and now I am; SLC is a resource that you MUST tap into! Gerry really knows the Jeep Wranglers with the HEMI conversions and he is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to these conversions...
I hope to be actually starting my project within in the next few weeks and I plan to post the entire project on my website with lots of pictures and lessons learned. Stay tuned...

Ben

PS: Gerry, got your call yesterday and I'll call you back today. Thank...
Old 12-16-2008, 03:52 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Ben I look forwrd to catching up with you. This project is going to be awesome.

Gerry

Quick Reply: Who does hemi conversions?