Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Who does hemi conversions?

Old 12-11-2008, 07:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been working with and talking to jeepspeedshop.com and they can do them for $13k and they pass California smog with stickers and all.
Old 12-12-2008, 07:16 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

We do Hemis here at SLC. Most know that. One thing to keep in ming when looking for a shop is look at there work. Other ride they have done and products that they use. We primarily use crate motors, quality Mopar parts, and quality aftermarket parts. You can keep the cost down if you go salvage.

Gerry
Old 12-12-2008, 12:02 PM
JK Newbie

Dan and the crew at BVOR have the Hemi swap thing down to a science at this point. The last time I discussed it with him they had done nearly 200 of them - and that was a few months ago. He is a big sponsor of the local 4wheeling scene and our club event - the Crawl 4 The Cure so I had to jump in here and give him props. 2 of the guys in my club drive Hemi powered JK's and they are awesome to say the least. I have seen 5.7L, 6.1L, 6.4L and even a few other of his oddball conversions (diesels, etc) and they all look like they came that way from the factory. Give him a shout and I am sure he can get all your questions answered.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:05 PM
JK Newbie

Oh - and I know that BVOR did the Hemi conversions for several of the vendors at Sema and he works closely with Chrysler including helping them develop a "kit" for dealers and shops to do the swap complete with all the necessary parts. Everything is done right - no guessing.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:47 PM
JK Super Freak

ALSO....

"Burnsville Offroad was honored at Sema 2007 by receiving Chryslers Design Excellence award for our 6.1 and 6.4 hemi JK installations"
Old 12-12-2008, 02:19 PM
JK Junkie

yes, I was told by a local shop that they could do the swap for $10k. I called them last week to set up an appointment and they told me the swap was now $16k. I was pissed to say the least. I have been working 3 jobs to pay for the swap and some other goodies. Well, they told me the $10k quote was if I did it myself!!! I am not happy, not happy at all.
Old 12-13-2008, 05:35 AM
dsy
JK Freak

For anyone thinking about going DIY, I saw last night Park Jeep has 5.7 crates listed for around $3,500. and 6.1 crates listed for around $6,500. on Ebay now.

Last edited by dsy; 12-13-2008 at 10:06 AM.
Old 12-13-2008, 01:10 PM
JK Super Freak

So, if you get the AEV Hemi Conversion Kit, plus the hemi you want, plus the 5-45RFE tranny. Is that all you need for the swap? Is the AEV kit that complete?

That question is aimed at DSY, but anyone who knows, feel free to chime in.
Old 12-13-2008, 01:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by SaharaBlackNo1
So, if you get the AEV Hemi Conversion Kit, plus the hemi you want, plus the 5-45RFE tranny. Is that all you need for the swap? Is the AEV kit that complete?

That question is aimed at DSY, but anyone who knows, feel free to chime in.
Yep, all these items, some time and a case a beer!
Old 12-13-2008, 01:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by x No Compromise Offroad x
Yep, all these items, some time and a case a beer!
Case of beer for afterwards. I'd hate to think I was doing something right and come out the next morning and realize I installed the Hemi in the back of the JK. lol

Boy for about 15k in parts you can save a bunch on labor, but there's definitely something to be said for the experience factor with BOR or SLC.

And by the way x No Compromise Offroad x, thanks to you not really liking the SC, I'm giving more thought to the hemi now. lol Nobody ever mentioned to me that Jeeps required so many toys when I bought it!

Quick Reply: Who does hemi conversions?