Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What is this under the hood?

Old 02-04-2010, 11:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What is this under the hood?

I was at the dealer today and saw a little springy mounted vertical; a thing like on the door frames when the door closes, it turns off the dome light. it was a 2010 4 door, auto, Sahara, Duel top, Red rock. this is a pic of my jeep of where i saw it. it was between the radiator and the washer fluid resevor...idk what it is. if im in the area again, ill snatch a pic of it.

Last edited by rcdude3; 02-04-2010 at 11:41 PM.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think that is where the horn is on mine,
Old 02-05-2010, 12:05 AM
JK Super Freak

same with me!! it is above the horn. it looks like when the hood closes, it pushes the button down.
Old 02-05-2010, 12:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by rcdude3
same with me!! it is above the horn. it looks like when the hood closes, it pushes the button down.
oh, that is the safety kill switch for the push button starter kit. if the hood is open it wont start up. in case you are working on it, no one can start 'er up and hurt ya, i am wanting to get one of these here soon my self,
Old 02-05-2010, 12:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

hahhaahha nice. but serouisy its the horne. sometime we dont know things that are so obvious. it happen.

but serously ts a small electrical blowoff valve for the sub atomic micro nuclear generator for the tire presur monotor....

have a good day
Old 02-05-2010, 12:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by guybergeron
hahhaahha nice. but serouisy its the horne. sometime we dont know things that are so obvious. it happen.

but serously ts a small electrical blowoff valve for the sub atomic micro nuclear generator for the tire presur monotor....

have a good day
try reading the OP's post again, he is talking about another jeep he saw that had it, not the jeep in the pic, he is pointing out where it was on the jeep he saw.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:03 AM
JK Super Freak

It's the hood ajar switch.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by guybergeron
serously Its a small electrical blowoff valve for the sub atomic micro nuclear generator for the tire presur monotor....

have a good day
Old 02-05-2010, 08:32 AM
JK Freak

Every once in a while, auto manufactures throw in a random part that has nothing to do with the vehicle. It's a little inside joke within the company. The average consumer doesn't know what it is or does so they leave it alone. So, every time the vehicle goes in for service, everyone in the service department has a good laugh at the customer because they know it does nothing. It's a joke that keeps going until the consumer finds out that it does nothing , and finally removes it.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JPSquad
Every once in a while, auto manufactures throw in a random part that has nothing to do with the vehicle. It's a little inside joke within the company. The average consumer doesn't know what it is or does so they leave it alone. So, every time the vehicle goes in for service, everyone in the service department has a good laugh at the customer because they know it does nothing. It's a joke that keeps going until the consumer finds out that it does nothing , and finally removes it.
And then they void your warranty

Quick Reply: What is this under the hood?