Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What to make first.

Old 06-23-2009, 05:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to make first.

Hello everyone. This is my first thread. Hopefully i posted it in the right spot.I'm new to the website. We just bought our Jeep JK 1.5 months ago. I have yet to see it yet but the wife tells me that it's pretty nice. (Now I know everyone is wondering why haven't I seen it yet? Well i'm in the military and on an advanced welding course and my wife picked it up two days after I left. LOL)

Anyway, like I said i'm a welder and i'm wondering what the first project i could start first when i get back home? I know i'm going to regret saying this but nine chances out of ten we are not going to take this off road. That being said i think i'd like to fab up some bumpers for it. The stock ones are too tacky. Too much plastic!!

Also being in the military they try to get as much out of you as possible. I'm in a very diverse trade. I do everything from welding Armor plate steels or aluminum to autobody right up to textiles and composites. ie kevlar and fiberglass. I've seen a bunch of those cargo nets. I'm definately going to be making a set of these. with my own little twist of course. oh and seat covers as well.

I'm going to ask of a favor. Could people post some pics of stuff that they have on this thread? Specifically bumpers and cargo nets.When i'm looking for stuff on here i get so deep into the website and i forget what i was looking for in the first place because everything intrigues me. lol I swear togod I got ADD. Anyway enough babbling. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh and if theres anyone thats in Edmonton Canada that would like to get in contact feel free. I'd love to get some ideas in person too.

Cheers,
Mike

Quick Reply: What to make first.