Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What kind of lift do you have?

Old 02-08-2011, 07:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What kind of lift do you have?

As in title. State your lift, price, and pros/cons of it. This will be a nice reference for everyone. And let the post begin!!
Old 02-09-2011, 07:12 AM
JK Super Freak

My RE 4.5 long arm is being replaced by TF flex arm (plus speed bumps, fox 2.5 shocks, TF track bar and other components I can't remember at the moment), because of back ordered, worn out bushings after about 11k miles. In another post, someone stated RE is reorganizing?

As far as cost, I haven't seen all of my receipts yet because my rebuild is still in progress.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:16 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by jaynasty10
As in title. State your lift, price, and pros/cons of it. This will be a nice reference for everyone. And let the post begin!!
regardless of make, there is a big difference between a basic 2.5" budget boost and a 6" long arm kit and i think it would be helpful if you could to let us know about what size lift and tires you were hoping to run.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:25 AM
JK Newbie

I have the new 3.5" rough country liftwith the 2.0 shocks. It rides as good as stock. maybe a little sway if I hit a dip really hard but it did that stock as well. Some people will grip because this lift is not adjustable ( all bars and links are fixed with brackets) but it does not need to be. It is set up perfect. I have had it on the trails once and it performed well. At full articulation with the sway bars disco'd the front drive shaft boot does barely rub the tranny. I put a piece of thin teflon on the edge of the tranny pan so it would not tear the rubber boot. My only complaint was the instructions. My kit came with instructions for the old brackets and it took me a while to figure out what was going on. THe instruction on the website were much better. Once i installed the lift and re-centered the steering wheel it would ride down the highway with no hands on the wheel and stay straight.

]http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/tt227/mark_pharis/IMG_0161.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-09-2011, 07:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Zone

I run the Zone 2inch spacer and shock lift. When Mountaineer 4x4 put it on i also had them put on a set of stock Rubicon springs with it. It runs smooth and gave me the aggressive look i was looking for. I am very happy with this set up and recommend it to all who are looking for a little boost at not much price!!
Old 02-09-2011, 07:42 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My rig has a Ranch 4" Sport Lift with Rancho RS9000XL shocks. Cost is $1000, but I got mine with the $500 rebate.
One thing that differentiates the Rancho from some other lifts is it uses drop brackets to correct suspension geometry instead of adjustable control arms, drag links, etc. The bracket are very effective at maintaining the OEM suspension geometry. Some claim the brackets are rock magnets so serious rock crawlers might want to steer clear of this lift. I haven't experienced problems with the brackets and rocks yet.

The shocks are adjustable, which is really nice for dialing in the ride desired. Whether it be road, off-road, or trailer pulling.

My rig is a DD and I couldn't be happier with it. It was a well spent $500. Even for $1000 it's a good lift to consider for DD rigs that will be used for moderate wheeling.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:47 AM
JK Newbie

TeraFlex 4" LCG, Speed Bumps and Tera 9550 shocks. I've had a lifted Jeep of some sort since 1976. The Tera kit aligned beautifully and it's a one finger driver at freeway speeds. I hope to have 37's and 5:38's before Moab EJS. Only then will I know how it works set up. Right now it's the best driving lifted Jeep I've owned. I will get some idea of how it works in the rocks in two weeks when we start pre-running trails for EJS. The static flex in the shop is impressive.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:10 PM
JK Freak

rough country 4 inch" suspension lift with swaybar disco's and steering stabilizer
price was about 600- 650 for everything. i think the base life was around 500. nice ride, awesome flex, and easy to install plus awesome customer service. and sitting on 35" shoes
Old 02-09-2011, 03:26 PM
JK Freak

I have a pro comp stage 2 lift w/mx6 shocks,it rides as good as stock on the road,haven't really had the chance to wheel it yet. I plan on jumping up to 35's after stock tires wear out.So far I'm happy with the lift.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20110129_120344.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	125762   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20110129_120326.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	125763  
Old 02-09-2011, 07:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Okay getting a little better. Here is a format to post by for easier viewing.
Name of lift.
Price
Pros/cons
And a picture to finish it off.

Quick Reply: What kind of lift do you have?