Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 09-17-2010, 12:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got the Snorkel in. Was a bit nervous with the whole thing but it turned out great. Once we used the center punch to mark the center holes there was no turning back and things went a lot easier.

Test fit before trim ring

Finished product

Old 09-17-2010, 01:28 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by nachostheclown
Got the Snorkel in.

Nice job! It's tough cutting into a new hood. I had drilled the two holes in mine and was cutting the rest out with my $ 9.99 Harbor Freight air saw and it died before the first cut. I went to tractor supply and bought the one they luckily had in stock for $85 and finished the job.

So far, int eh past couple of weeks, I've added u-connect(for the ipod), a Smitty front stinger, rear bumper/tire carrier, and Bilstein steering stabilizer.
Old 09-17-2010, 01:29 PM
JK Newbie

Installed a set of HID's and HID Fog's I picked up from Skinnypedal.net.

What a difference!!!
Old 09-17-2010, 02:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default 3 New Things!!!

I installed my Tuffy Full Security Console (that's the one that goes on the floor), installed a new CB radio Uniden 510XL PRO, and a CoolTech Gatemount antenna with Firestik.

CB: Connected direct to battery with 16 AWG wire and added 10 amp in-line fuse by the battery (in addition to the one the radio came with), and grounded on tranny hump. Marine grade heat shrink butt and ring connectors for everything. NOTE: to make things a bit easier for later, I installed male and female crimp plugs on both the ground and the hot wires coming off the back of the CB. LOTS EASIER FOR SERVICING ANYTHING THAT NEEDS TO BE F*&^D WITH IN THERE LATER!! Also, the UNIDEN 510XLPRO is one of those radios that WILL NOT produce any sound out of the speakers UNLESS the MIC is PLUGGED IN. Ask me how my retardedness found that one out on the first and only CB he ever owned!!

Tuffy Console: not very difficult installation except I made sure I loomed all my wires and it was a BBBBBBBeeeee-OTCH keeping all that junk clear of the emergency brake. That is power lines,
speaker wireS, antenna cables, power window wire harness, etc. NOTE: if you have rear power windows, MAKE SURE YOU CHECK YOUR REAR WINDOW KILL SWITCH ON THE CENTER DASH PANEL after you install or you will wonder why to the ends of the earth, how come your rear switch assembly no longer works!!

External Speakers: I installed two 8-watt, 4-ohm West Marine speakers. I put one in the roll bar corner on each side of the jeep just forward of the B-post. I then spliced into the wires and wired them both in SERIES so that I had TWO speakers that went into ONE plug--because the back of the CB only has ONE output jack. I wanted TWO speakers, though, so my ear didn't get blown out by my wife turning up the volume so she could hear it. I also wanted the speakers HIDDEN, which I couldn't do with one big speaker. IT WORKS GREAT!!! The volume and power are fantastic.

There was quite the learning curve for me because I'd never done anything like this, but I had alot of help form you all on the forum--especially Vernnz--thank you all.

I'm quite happy with my project. Maybe some photos to follow.

Vedo
Old 09-17-2010, 02:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BLKRUBI
Nice job! It's tough cutting into a new hood.

I'm not going to lie, I was sweating bullets during the whole process. LOL

Now to extend my breather tubes, then off to find a place to try it out.
Old 09-17-2010, 03:30 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by nachostheclown
I'm not going to lie, I was sweating bullets during the whole process. LOL

Now to extend my breather tubes, then off to find a place to try it out.
yeah, measure like half a dozen times and cut once. Yup, already extended mine, couldn't find a great place in the rear. The front is up to the hoodline.
Old 09-17-2010, 03:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Installed my JKS quicker disconnects. No more unbolting the sway bars links

oh yeah... and got my 315/75/16 Duratracs installed.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

bedlined my ruged ridge mirror brackets, painted my muffler, changed my diff fluids, and painted my diff covers

Old 09-18-2010, 12:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Butler20
bedlined my ruged ridge mirror brackets, painted my muffler, changed my diff fluids, and painted my diff covers

Not another painted muffler!?!
Old 09-18-2010, 12:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ducnek
Drilling about 16 1/2" holes in the body to mount the Pure Jeep sliders.

Test fitting:

My garage is 0% OSHA approved

LOL...my shop isn't either! I also have to use the jack extenders! Spending my money on the Jeep and dirt bikes instead of safety equipment like a real jack!

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?