Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 06-17-2010, 05:50 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Installed my AEV Snorkel.....and the wife asked why!!!!

Old 06-17-2010, 06:25 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe the proper response to that question is: For the zombie/(insert your favorite style of apocalypse here) apocalypse, and of course it looks fast and runs purty. Love the blue btw.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:01 PM
JK Junkie

Been a good week for the little JK. After getting the 5.13's installed Monday, it had two days with the doors and windows off. I left the top up, though, as it was hot enough that I didn't want the sun beating down on me. Anyway, since my garage is full of motorcycles, I park on the street. And it's a little inconvenient to put the Jeep together at night, I took nearly everything out of it last night (I left the CB in it). That was its first night on the street "wide open" and everything went fine, but I decided to step up my search for a semi-secure storage solution.

At a local home store, I found a Stanley 24-gallon tool box, model 029025R. I cut two holes in the bottom, above the front-most and rear-most footmans loops that once secured the rear seat. I then ran the long end of a ratchet strap out the rear hole, and passed it under the footman's loop, then back into the box. Both hooks are attached to the front footman's loop. Since that hole is close the front of the box, the straps there would be the most vulnerable to a knife, but since only the steel hooks are (baaaaaarely) seen, the weak link is still the HD plastic. Of course padlocks on the latches round things out.

It's pretty secure, I think. I put my recovery gear and tools in it and I feel pretty confident in the security aspect of it. I'm sure it'll stay put wheeling.

The finished (well, the padlocks aren't on it, and I think the handle slides in a bit more) product, as light was dwindling.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

After months of waiting and saving, I finally moved up to 35s from the rubicon wheels and tires

Old 06-17-2010, 08:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got my engine oil, trans oil, and xfers case oil changed for my 30k service. Everything came out looking new, which is good. Still have to check and see what else I need to do for the 30k. Also moved my rear trac bar to the lowest hole on my teraflex HD axle bracket. Still my axle isn't centered right. My rear upper contol arm rubs the frame at full stuff. Time for a adjustable trac bar. Set my toe to help the steering a bit. Was at the stock 1/16", meant to set it at 1/8" but ended up at 3/16" after torquing everything. Have to
see how it works. Feels better but have to keep an eye on tire wear.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Installed Mopar fuel filler door and moved XM satellite receiver from old vehicle to JK.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by nmwranglerx
After months of waiting and saving, I finally moved up to 35s from the rubicon wheels and tires

Feels good, doesn't it !!! Looks sweet!
Old 06-18-2010, 10:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

installed tuffy overhead console, midland cb, cooltech ultramount, and locker mod into the jeep. been driving around top and doorless for about a week. she'll be hitting the beach tomorrow rescuing the dumb 2wd trucks and cars, lol.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:28 AM
JK Newbie

Default 09 rear tow hook

Installed 09 rear tow hook on 2008 jk.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by roadking54
Feels good, doesn't it !!! Looks sweet!
Thanks Roadking, yes it looks and feels great. Took it up to Santa Fe yesterday and was worried about the handling at freeway speeds (75+ mph). I have to say it performed much better than I thought. I think the wider stance due to less backspacing and wider tire helps a bit. Some noticeable loss of power when compared to the 32s but not a huge difference even at 7000 ft.

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?