Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 06-01-2010, 05:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Took the doors and roof off for the first time.

Funny thing, though; my neighbor and I got up real early to get in some striper fishing, and while we were on the river, black clouds started rolling in. We threw the rods in the Jeep and high-tailed it to a gas station up the road. 3 minutes after I parked under the gas station awning, it poured!! Rain going sideways, huge raindrops. It probably rained 1/2 inch in 15 minutes. Then the storm blew over and the Jeep was still dry! We got lucky.

Old 06-01-2010, 06:18 AM
JK Freak

Things I did for almst no $ this weekend:

Hood flutter fix: removed the push up spring and installed velcro straps over the rubber hold downs..... No mo flutter! $4

Raised both axle breather tubes: $6 for fuel line and hose clamps.

Passenger seatbelt fix: move the lap belt portion down to the seat bolt on the floor so you don't have to step over/under the seatbelt getting into the back. $0

Thanks to the JK WRITE UP's section!!!

Old 06-01-2010, 07:18 AM
JK Jedi

Finally got around to installing my Poison Spyder Evap skid . I just wish the instructions were more clearer when it came to installing the rear bracket to the skid. Tightened the three bolts to the rear bracket and the bolt hole that holds the bracket to the underside of the JK wouldn't line up . Finally had to fidget with it a little bit and loosen up the 3 bolts holding the rear bracket to the skid and line the hole up.

Aside from that little frustration, it definitely raises the evap canister up and offers more clearance than the stock bracket AND the skid is seriously solid!!!
Old 06-01-2010, 07:27 AM
JK Junkie

installed JKS quicker disconnects on front OEM (non-Rubi) sway bar

(went through 3 OEM electronic disconnects before giving up on it )
Old 06-01-2010, 07:38 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Holdem2
Things I did for almst no $ this weekend:

Hood flutter fix: removed the push up spring and installed velcro straps over the rubber hold downs..... No mo flutter! $4

Raised both axle breather tubes: $6 for fuel line and hose clamps.

Passenger seatbelt fix: move the lap belt portion down to the seat bolt on the floor so you don't have to step over/under the seatbelt getting into the back. $0

Thanks to the JK WRITE UP's section!!!

how did you fix the hood flutter??
Old 06-01-2010, 08:29 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by notenuftoys
Took the doors and roof off for the first time.

Funny thing, though; my neighbor and I got up real early to get in some striper fishing, and while we were on the river, black clouds started rolling in. We threw the rods in the Jeep and high-tailed it to a gas station up the road. 3 minutes after I parked under the gas station awning, it poured!! Rain going sideways, huge raindrops. It probably rained 1/2 inch in 15 minutes. Then the storm blew over and the Jeep was still dry! We got lucky.

Yeah, that happened to me in my old YJ. Best thing to do is pick up a soft top so at least your not getting rain in your face even when the doors are off. I think most of us have gotten caught with our drawers... I mean doors off at one time or another
Old 06-01-2010, 08:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

i was out of town for the last 2 weeks so i had to make up for it i got up at 3am due to the jetleg and took her for a spin gased her up and gave her a bath, took the spare tire and bracket off and put the spare in the back with my custom trunk/ sub box/ gun safe.o and then ordered her a new mbrp offroad exhaust and heat shield skid, all made possible by the good people of northridge 4x4. thanks david for the hook up
Old 06-01-2010, 08:39 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by deekum1627
how did you fix the hood flutter??
Check out the "Write-Ups" section. There are TONS of little write-ups that JK folks have done to fix things like that. Here is the write-up for the "Hood Flutter" fix. Enjoy

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...t=hood+flutter
Old 06-01-2010, 08:41 AM
JK Freak

great thanks
Old 06-01-2010, 02:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Installed Bestop Instatrunk and Mopar soft top boot.

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?