Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 05-23-2010, 06:35 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thats pretty cool! get a pic of them.

Since you can get side steps here on the forum pretty cheap, how come you didn't go for the Mopar front bumper?
Old 05-23-2010, 06:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default put on a 2" OME lift

it gave me close to 4" on both the front and back see for yourself!!!

before

after

height of front license plate:

before:

after:

height of trailer ball:

before:

after:

back done, front stock:

getting creative:
Old 05-23-2010, 06:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by aggie sig
it gave me close to 4" on both the front and back see for yourself!!!

before

after

height of front license plate:

before:

after:

height of trailer ball:

before:

after:

back done, front stock:

getting creative:
looks great! how long did it take you?
Old 05-23-2010, 08:05 AM
JK Junkie

Installed a York 206 OBA setup in the JK. Got the 206 for $30 from my friend who loves collecting parts from older AMC/Jeep. Used Off Road Only's bracket kit and Woods/JeepSwag air manifold. Check valve and oil separator from Grainger. 5 gallon air tank reserve from Sears. Used a 5,000 PSI hydraulic hose as the output form the compressor (gets VERY hot VERY fast). Steel braided, holds the pressure and heat MINT. The rest is 3/8" 300 PSI line. Run 150 PSI pressure switch. Airs the 5 gallon tank in 2:18. Airs a 35" MT/R from 9 PSI to 28 PSI in 1:32 on idle. Run my 1/2" impact with no issues and plenty of reserve on the tank for all 5 lugs. Trail repairs will be MUCH faster now. Removed the head cover and drilled/tapped for 3/8" NPT. Created and welded my own brackets for the check valve and oil separator.
I don't care what anyone says, belt driven compressors are the way to go. I've had ARB electrics, Harbor Friehgt electrics, they are NO comparison.

Total cost was $490 vs. $1,100-$1,200 from Kilby/ORO. If you can make things yourself...do it.

Old 05-23-2010, 08:22 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Suffolk JK
Installed a York 206 OBA setup in the JK. Got the 206 for $30 from my friend who loves collecting parts from older AMC/Jeep. Used Off Road Only's bracket kit and Woods/JeepSwag air manifold. Check valve and oil separator from Grainger. 5 gallon air tank reserve from Sears. Used a 5,000 PSI hydraulic hose as the output form the compressor (gets VERY hot VERY fast). Steel braided, holds the pressure and heat MINT. The rest is 3/8" 300 PSI line. Run 150 PSI pressure switch. Airs the 5 gallon tank in 2:18. Airs a 35" MT/R from 9 PSI to 28 PSI in 1:32 on idle. Run my 1/2" impact with no issues and plenty of reserve on the tank for all 5 lugs. Trail repairs will be MUCH faster now. Removed the head cover and drilled/tapped for 3/8" NPT. Created and welded my own brackets for the check valve and oil separator.
I don't care what anyone says, belt driven compressors are the way to go. I've had ARB electrics, Harbor Friehgt electrics, they are NO comparison.

Total cost was $490 vs. $1,100-$1,200 from Kilby/ORO. If you can make things yourself...do it.

Nice freakin job ! Would have liked to have seen a write-upon this.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:05 AM
JK Junkie

Well the ORO bracket kit is pretty straight forward (comes with instructions). Practically comes with the bracket kit, new idler pulley and new serpentine belt. You relocate the OEM idler to the emboss that's already on the block. It uses a bolt that you need to remove from the motor mount to frame bushing. The new idler gets installed where the OEM one used to be.

Ran from the compressor to the oil separator.
Oil separator to the check valve.
Check valve to the air manifold.
Air manifold to the air tank.

No chuck at the air tank, it's only a reserve.

Wiring is straight forward with Viair's pressure switch. One lead get's connected to a fused power source (ie. 30A inline from battery). One get's the switch leg from a toggle (the one you see at the bracket I made). One is ground. One is load to the compressor's clutch.

I bought the 6 groove serpentine clutch form Ryder fleet services online (the truck company). $85 vs. $150 from Kilby.

Parts used:

Grainger check valve 5X781
Grainger oil removal filter 4RA16
Ryder 6 groove serpentine clutch Airsource MEI 5030
ORO JK York bracket kit
York 206 (or 210, going to upgrade to a 210 once I find one +4CFM higher than the 206, 6 vs. 10 CFM)
JeepSwag/Woods air manifold
Viair 110 on/150 off pressure switch
Grainger 165 PSI safety valve 5A714

The hose it at your disposal. I ran 3/8" airline from Lowes and the output hydraulic hose looked like 1/2" OD 3/8" ID 5,000 PSI hydraulic hose (had some laying around). This DEFINITELY needs to be a high temp./high PSI hose. The rest can be normal air line. Though, the airline from Lowes seems to bulge a bit more than I like, so, I might get some more 3/8" black Goodyear made in USA air line from Harbor Freight and chop it up to use as the system line. I use that line as my air line for the air tools and it doesn't bulge up at all at 150 PSI.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Trimmed my pinch seam and rotated the tires.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Haven't updated in awhile.. letsee...

4 weeks ago I got my 3.5" lift/gears/driveline installed by Northridge and put on my 35" Duratracs. (Along with a superchips tune)
3 weeks ago I installed my Shrockworks front winch bumper.
2 weeks ago I installed my Benchmark Design dual-battery carrier with a pair of yellow tops.
1 week ago I did an 11 qt + 2 filter oil change, moving over to the same Amsoil I use in my Vette to make things easier, and replacing the oil drain plug with a Fumoto Qwik Valve. (Yes, 11 qts + 2 filters is how much it takes when you accidentally leave the original filter seal on the chassis and end up with a mini-BP/Gulf disaster in your driveway.)
This weekend I put the sick goat under my hood our of misery, and installed the 400/500mhz PIAA horn pair.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Suffolk JK that is an awsome setup. i've been wanting to do something like that a compressor driven off of the motor. It looks good!
Old 05-23-2010, 09:38 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Roeanoke
Suffolk JK that is an awsome setup. i've been wanting to do something like that a compressor driven off of the motor. It looks good!
Thanks for the comment. If you have access to getting the compressor on the cheap, DO IT. There's no turning back.

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?