Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 04-16-2010, 02:36 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fattony21
is there a write up on the snorkel? does it cut threw the body or the fender then threw?
I started a thread here : https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ew-ARB-Snorkel

The stock antenna fits just like it does on the AEV Snorkel. I had already replaced the stock one with a stubby which I didnt have to remove for the install (the instruction say to remove the stock one during the install, but I have no idea why it would be a problem).

the install (which I didn't stop to take pics of ) requires a hole cut into both the rear of the fender and the edge of the quarter panel.
The air exits the snorkel at a 45 degree angle where it butts against the wheel fender. From there it connects to a rubber tube which runs behind the wheel well liner towards the engine compartment, but then turns and enters the wheel wheel (thru the lining) there is a piece then that runs inside the wheel well, in front (outbourd) of the shock, then goes up under the airbox.
The stock airbox rubber piece is removed and the shallow snout is cut off so the end of the airbox is flat. then a hole is cut in the bottom of the airbox, and it is sealed and pop riveted down into the end of the piece running inside the wheel well.

The install went straight forward and the instructions turned out to be good, but when i first read thru then I got worried since the pictures are poor and it could tell where they were pictures of!

as I did each step though, the next step made sense.

By routing thru the wheel well, there is no issue with the battery, or even running a dual battery setup. Nothing inside the engine compartment is changed except the removal of the stock rubber air intake tube.

I will report any clearance issues I run across in the other thread

Last edited by tunes; 04-16-2010 at 03:13 AM.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:11 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JFRE5H
Are those stubby end-caps on the RR bumper? Where did you get them?

I chopped them. I had already trimmed the back edges twice to get the clearance I needed for the 37s (I have also helped to remove stock ones on a trail with someone who had 35s)

Rugged Ridge jumped onto the thread I started to say that they are working on a set of mid width ends. No idea if they will look like the ones I decided to do or if they will have a single straight cut (I had about 20 lines on it before I picked what I liked)
Old 04-16-2010, 05:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

08greenrubi
I haven't the right photo equipment to take a picture of the my new gears or magnum inserts
Old 04-16-2010, 05:48 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Hammerman
08greenrubi
I haven't the right photo equipment to take a picture of the my new gears or magnum inserts
Lol, no photos from the shop
Old 04-16-2010, 06:05 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by tunes
I chopped them. I had already trimmed the back edges twice to get the clearance I needed for the 37s (I have also helped to remove stock ones on a trail with someone who had 35s)

Rugged Ridge jumped onto the thread I started to say that they are working on a set of mid width ends. No idea if they will look like the ones I decided to do or if they will have a single straight cut (I had about 20 lines on it before I picked what I liked)
Well they look awesome man
Old 04-16-2010, 07:33 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Installed my new Tuffy conceal carry drawer under the driver's seat.

And celebrating 16 straight days with no top or doors on!!
Old 04-16-2010, 12:15 PM
JK Newbie

Installed a 4" Rough Country lift, 35" Mickey Thompson MTZ tires, Moto Metal MO 951 wheels and the Mopar/Kicker speakers.

Old 04-16-2010, 02:11 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I pulled off the hardtop and set it into its storage cradle in the garage. I installed the Trektop, and a new set of Coopers for spring and summer.

My regards,

Widewing
Old 04-16-2010, 05:17 PM
JK Newbie

finally installed 3 inch teraflext lift kit, 17" argent pintlers, 35 in BFG KM2's, rubicon rock railes, and rugged ridge winch...

Old 04-16-2010, 05:23 PM
JK Newbie

Default this week

-Installed Seat Glovers
-Grill mod
-Ordered Bushwacker Flat fenders

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?