Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 04-14-2010, 05:51 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 4x4Jeeper
Where did you buy the stickers???
The JK stickers I bought from here.

The Wrangler Unlimited stickers I bought from eBay.

The remaining stickers I bought from pixeldecals.com
Old 04-14-2010, 05:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BIG RED BUBBA
thanks for the response, is it safer or something to have the thimble or just preference?
because your using a D-ring to connect to the other vehicle there is no way for that connection to slip off because its all closed, where as when you use a hook there is always a possibility for the hook to slip off a strap or recovery point. plus it looks cooler
Old 04-14-2010, 09:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by X-caiver
Installed a Tuffy seat security drawer install thread
A sturdy metal locking drawer that fits underneath the driver's side seat.
Where did you order it and how long did it take to get it?
Old 04-15-2010, 12:25 AM
JK Junkie

gave it a wash today.....dropped the top...bought a fire extinguisher....mounted it to the drivers rear rollbar.. might get a matching one for the passenger side...
Old 04-15-2010, 02:50 AM
JK Freak

Default Added the New ARB safari Snorkel

I just added the new ARB Snorkel yesterday,
the install went well, even thought I was worried by the poor quality pictures when I was looking at the instructions before starting. They arent great, but as you follow along the next step makes sense.

the snorkel connects to the airbox, by running along the inside of the wheel well (outboard of the front shock) then thru the well liner, behind it out to the fender, then exits thru both the quarter panel and the back of the wheel fender.

you can just see it infront of the shock in the first picture.

I was very worried about clearance before the install, and I have not field tested it, but it looks like there is still enough room even for my 37s. (the tube that runs along there is about an inch thick)

the only thing that I should have done differently, was take pics as I went, and remove the JK forum sticker since I can see a small bit of it near the bottom.

Last edited by tunes; 04-15-2010 at 02:54 AM.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:24 AM
JK Junkie

Looks great ...I couldnt really tell from the pic, but are you still running the antennae? Does running that snorkel require you to relocate/remove it...Thanks..
Old 04-15-2010, 06:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tunes
I just added the new ARB Snorkel yesterday,
the install went well, even thought I was worried by the poor quality pictures when I was looking at the instructions before starting. They arent great, but as you follow along the next step makes sense.

the snorkel connects to the airbox, by running along the inside of the wheel well (outboard of the front shock) then thru the well liner, behind it out to the fender, then exits thru both the quarter panel and the back of the wheel fender.

you can just see it infront of the shock in the first picture.

I was very worried about clearance before the install, and I have not field tested it, but it looks like there is still enough room even for my 37s. (the tube that runs along there is about an inch thick)

the only thing that I should have done differently, was take pics as I went, and remove the JK forum sticker since I can see a small bit of it near the bottom.

is there a write up on the snorkel? does it cut threw the body or the fender then threw?
Old 04-15-2010, 06:56 AM
JK Newbie

Are those stubby end-caps on the RR bumper? Where did you get them?
Old 04-15-2010, 11:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

thanks much
Old 04-15-2010, 12:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Up grades

With plans to wheel out in California and Colorado this summer I decided to make
A few upgrades to my Rig. My first stop was Screamin Lizard in Bedford, Texas. With the help of Jim at Shrockworks and Sean at Screamin Lizard I was able to get my full width rear bumper with tire carrier. While I was there Adam not only install the bumper in record time, he also checked my alignment. In and out in one day. Great service, along with the care you except at most places, but never see. Thanks to Sean and Adam at Screamin Lizard
My next Stop was in Fullerton California at Off Road Evolutions for additional work, which included Installing Magnum Sealed Axle Sleeves, RCV front axles, along with OVE gear special for 4.88 gears. While my rig was in the shop I had asked to check out my rig, they found a few welds that needed some improving. Since I was from out of town with advance notice ORE was able to finish work on my rig in the time I was promised. Again hats off to Mel and Lisa for running a great Shop.
Thanks to Dave at Northridge4X4 making sure all the material were in place.
I’m ready to wheel with knowing I had the best work on my Jeep.

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?