Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 11-23-2009, 11:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Updates

Midland 75-822, but no external antenna yet. Wanted to see how the stubby did... let's just say it "didn't." Need to get antenna asap.

Benchmark Designs Rockcrawler Oil Pan:

Yeah, probably shoulda cleaned 'er up first...

New Oil Pan:

installed

Nice protection for the drain plug:

Old 11-23-2009, 01:51 PM
JK Newbie

Default Basement full of saved up Mods installed this week!

So I stockpiled all of this stuff over the past year and a half and had it all installed over the past 2 weeks by Jeremy at OK 4 Wheel Drive in New Jersey. He did an outstanding job. The wiring was complex and his work is not only overkill, but everything is clearly labeled for easy maintenance.

Included in this install a super kick-ass JK Pod from 12 Volt Guy that he custom built for me. It has more switches than I'm using so far, but I plan to get them all in action eventually.

Sorry about the sloppy links, this is my first post and my 6 month old needs my attention!

Other Mods:
AEV Bumper
AEV Snorkel
AEV Front Skidplate
AEV Rear Diff Skid
Benchmark Designs Evap Canister Skid
Benchmark Designs Dual-Battery Tray
Benchmark Designs Rockcrawler oil pan
National Luna Intelligent Solenoid Dual Battery Mangement System
Warn 9.5ti Thermometric Winch
Viking Offroad Synthetic Winch Line
48" Hi-lift Jack on Tailgate Mount
IPF 900XS Lights

I'm still stock Rubi suspension, that will be the next thing on my list. Planning a long-arm kit with 37's and eventually an AIROCK suspension and Portal-Tek Axles.

Old 11-23-2009, 03:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by NTXJK
Drove my jeep for the first time in a week
That should be against the law
Old 11-23-2009, 03:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 07Rubi
So I stockpiled all of this stuff over the past year and a half and had it all installed over the past 2 weeks by Jeremy at OK 4 Wheel Drive in New Jersey. He did an outstanding job. The wiring was complex and his work is not only overkill, but everything is clearly labeled for easy maintenance.
Dang man, way to bang a bunch out at once. Next up, lift and tires?
Old 11-23-2009, 03:41 PM
JK Newbie

Default Next

Originally Posted by So_Cal_Tay_12
Dang man, way to bang a bunch out at once. Next up, lift and tires?

Yeah, lift and tires is next. It's a strange way to do things, but I kinda enjoy springing for the stuff when I can afford it and then installing it big lumps.

This was a fortune so probably won't get lift for a while. But I'll be happy for a while too! Can't wait to get on the trails.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Yeah, lift and tires is next. It's a strange way to do things, but I kinda enjoy springing for the stuff when I can afford it and then installing it big lumps.

This was a fortune so probably won't get lift for a while. But I'll be happy for a while too! Can't wait to get on the trails.
No need to rush my friend, that step made your rig look pretty damn good in my book, plus your stock tires already have an aggressive look as opposed to the stock X tires. You have some good self control waiting that long to put new parts on though, the last three times Ive bought mods Ive been up until about 3 A.M. working on my jeep, yeah, its that bad
Old 11-24-2009, 09:08 AM
JK Newbie

I parked my last week and started driving my 99 Ranger. I picked up the Ranger off a friend with a broken rod from hydro-lock for dirt cheap. I rebuilt the engine and now I gotta start driving the it more cause the JK has 24000mi and its only 9 months old. I'm sick of changing the oil every month due to miles.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Not strange at all, and I gotta say it looks great. I wish I could do the same, but kinda like So Cal Toy, when I get new parts, they go on immediately. I was able to be patient for a while though, leading up to my lift. Took me over a year to acquire the parts for my lift, tires etc. Waited for all the right times when sales were on, ended up getting my 4" Superlift for a price too low for me to post, (including everything but the rear bump stops because they were welded on to his rig) my full set of TeraFlex adjustable control arms off of craigslist, again an unbelievable price. Got the tires and wheels during some sale that I can't remember but, again saved a bunch. All leading to how my rig looks now. The waiting was hard, but the payoff is nice. And I love hitting the trails now with a much more capable rig.

BTW - your next "lump," 37s, AIROCK, etc. sounds sweet man! Keep it up!
Old 11-24-2009, 05:42 PM
JK Junkie

I got to drive my Jeep (using Crashpower) all the way into my garage.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:42 PM
JK Junkie

Sleestak what happen to your old lights and are you ever going to wheel that thing or just keep her purty

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?