Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 09-29-2009, 02:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clayton Fli kit

Got the Clayton Flip kit installed today, what a huge difference it made in the steering. No more play in the wheel and increased response to steering.

Before:

After:

You can see that track bar was lifted dramatically as well as the steering stabilizer, realized during installation that the stabilizer was crushed and needs to be replaced.

This kit is awesome, thanks Clayton and Adam!
Old 09-29-2009, 06:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Flip Kit

That flip kit looks pretty awesome
Old 09-29-2009, 06:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Added Or-Fab Fuel / Tire Carrier

Really over a week ago but I had to wait for the fuel cans. Heres the Or-Fab Fuel Tire Carrier with HiLift Jack and Fuel cans.

Old 09-29-2009, 07:21 PM
JK Newbie

You must really like gray!
Originally Posted by JeepNumber5
Old 09-29-2009, 08:10 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Took my doors off and installed my mirror brackets from dietech. Really really happy with them. They have little to no vibration and placement is pretty much spot. Just had to re-adjust them upwards a touch.

Also.. Got a visit from the brown santa today!!!!
First round of parts ordered from northridge4x4 came in today!

Plan to install everything friday!

-Chad-
Old 09-29-2009, 08:33 PM
JK Freak

oh my god!!! i'd be so pumped right now! definately post up pics when everythings intalled. gonna look great
Old 09-30-2009, 08:17 AM
JK Super Freak

raised my breathers on my diffs. while I do respect those submarine commanders, I just wanted a little more insurance. for now planning to leave the transmission & transfer case breathers as is.

rear w/clamp

routed up behind passenger taillight
Old 09-30-2009, 09:07 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by m(a)ce
raised my breathers on my diffs. while I do respect those submarine commanders, I just wanted a little more insurance. for now planning to leave the transmission & transfer case breathers as is.
Do yourself a favor and raise the tranny and t-case breathers as well. They are way too low for comfort. Don't forget, the tranny is SO suceptable to damage with water in it. If you got water in your diffs, you could drive off the trail and not likely do any lasting damage. NOT the case with the tranny at all!!!

just my .02.

Here are my breathers: tranny is the green cap, t-case is white cap next to it, and front diff is near brake booster. The rear is in the tail light like yours.

Old 09-30-2009, 11:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by adamisadam
Do yourself a favor and raise the tranny and t-case breathers as well. They are way too low for comfort. Don't forget, the tranny is SO suceptable to damage with water in it. If you got water in your diffs, you could drive off the trail and not likely do any lasting damage. NOT the case with the tranny at all!!!
true.

ok... so I just went out and ran both lines - tranny & t-case. thank you for the friendly push. even nursing a cold it wasn't bad at all.

apart from the tight squeeze and scraped up knuckles it wasn't too bad.

Question: can I get the check-valves from Pep-Boys?
I lost the first round battle to the old hoses so I left them in but don't have replacements. I know I can get them from the dealer but was looking for a solution before RC this weekend.

Last edited by m(a)ce; 09-30-2009 at 02:24 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 04:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lo2aY
Got the rings blacked out

Lo2ay... your back rim looks like it is pointing in the southwest direstion compared to the front. Is this just the camera angle or is there something jack up?

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?