Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 09-20-2009, 07:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

added a K&N high flow air filter and bought some cheap 4" fogs to put into my bumper
Old 09-20-2009, 07:29 PM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Geeper4x4
Chopped my bumper that a fellow Jeeper gave me. I also wired it so I can run the fogs with markers, low, and high beam. Looks good for a stock bumper now. Bonus!!! Sold my stock 16 skinnys-- Lift is coming soon!!!

Chopped bumper looks good Been thinking of doing that myself...

Isn't running fogs with high beam considered illegal??? I didn't think quad beams were legal
Old 09-21-2009, 04:19 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Geeper4x4
...I also wired it so I can run the fogs with markers, low, and high beam.
Can you share the details of this? In cars of my past all that was necessary was to make the groud on the fogs permanent and not a switched ground. what's the deal here? I like to have fogs on with high beams for dark, clear nights on back roads. (near and far vision together = good)
Old 09-21-2009, 04:25 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by esantia
Installed new 33" Dynapro MTR

Looks good, I bet that tile floor is a bit slippery when wet.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:59 PM
JK Newbie

Installed AFE Cold Air Intake, hitch shackle and D-ring and ordered Spare to match the shoes and socks I put on two weeks ago!!

Just got back in from driving.. wow am I impressed with the $199 AFE CAI. I have owned just about every CAI except the AFE. For the money, this economical investment was worth the research!

Last edited by igtrdn; 09-21-2009 at 04:07 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:04 AM
JK Newbie

Default Eliminated my "death wobble" (sort of)

I had been getting the "death wobble" at 65 mph and higher. Now, I can go 75 mpg before I begin feeling some sort of vibration.

Each of my tires have Staun Internal Bead Locks. They are also balanced with Dynabeads instead of weights. My driver-side rear wheel had a wobble that actually made it gain air on the road at 65 mph or higher (my brother drove behind me and could see it). I'm still not sure what's wrong with that specific tire, so it's become my spare.

Last edited by HappyCurmudgeon; 09-23-2009 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Removed non sponsor link.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

I busted my ass on my jeep this past weekend I herculined the entire inside, put on my 33x12.50 Mickey Tom MT'Z, Then I put on my 4in Lift by rough country, and installed my CB. Also I did a cool little thing with bungee chords and one of my MAG lights on my roll bar.

Ill Post Pics Later On Today
Old 09-23-2009, 01:09 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by hassara
I had been getting the "death wobble" at 65 mph and higher. Now, I can go 75 mpg before I begin feeling some sort of vibration.

Each of my tires have Staun Internal Bead Locks. They are also balanced with Dynabeads instead of weights. My driver-side rear wheel had a wobble that actually made it gain air on the road at 65 mph or higher (my brother drove behind me and could see it). I'm still not sure what's wrong with that specific tire, so it's become my spare.
I'm not positive, but I think you are mixing your wobble terms. It's my understanding that Death Wobble is not the same has tires vibrating from being out of balance. The death wobble is an after-shake associated wtih the steering (and steering damper). Like hitting a bump at speed and the steering wheel moves A LOT for a few feet afterwards. Whereas, out of balance tires will vibrate at a certain speed (and that speed can vary as the tire wears).
Old 09-23-2009, 02:08 PM
JK Super Freak

warn M8000 installed

forgot to order a bracket for the control box, so i re-enforced the front grill and mounted it there.

pics later
Old 09-23-2009, 06:00 PM
JK Freak

Went from this . . .

to this.

Got the OME HD lift installed just in time for the Fall Jeepin' Season. My favorite time of year.

I apologize for the dirty garage pics . . .

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?