Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 09-04-2009, 06:16 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Installed the Racho Oil Pan Skid and the Bestop Instatrunk.
Now I can leave all the recovery gear locked in the back of the Jeep with the top down/doors off! Plus, with the right tools on hand you can remove it in under 5 minutes.
It's a perfect compliment to the Tuffy locking console insert and glovebox.

The Rancho oil pan skid looks like it will serve fine for my purposes. I got tired of wating for someone to release an armored pan to replace the stocker.

Last edited by edwin907; 09-04-2009 at 06:42 PM.
Old 09-05-2009, 08:59 AM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Updated pic of the 35s. Got the Hypeterch Max Energy and calibrated my speedometer.

Old 09-05-2009, 01:49 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stickerboy111
How was the install on the oil pan. You have any pics? I would be interested in this as well. I actually called Rancho today to ask how it is mounted. I found no info on how it mounted. Looks like it just slips over it (pressure fit) But apperently there is some kind of addhesive which holds it on? Do you thnk it will take some hits or just make it easier to rip the pan off instead of just denting it etc..
After covering the inside of it with a tube of hi temp silicone, and leaving it for 24 hours pressed into place with the floor jack, no concerns about it coming off.
It will definitely protect the pan from ordinary trail damage and eliminate the chance of anything penetrating it causing catastophic engine failure. The other option is 40+lbs of plate steel bolted underneath.

Old 09-05-2009, 02:20 PM
JK Super Freak

This week I removed the rear spacers I had installed with my JKU Rubi Springs. Although it's hard to tell since my driveway slopes down it sits level now ... not jacked up in the back.

I also painted my muffler, tailpipe and antenna black ....

Old 09-05-2009, 08:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by davegus
Installed the Airaid CAD and SaP TBS. Loving the growl . Whistle... not so much. Sales guy said it wouldn't whistle like the airraid TBS .

Added today: front & rear control arm skids, mirror relocation brackets, and Rugged Ridge Hi-Lift Jack tailgate bracket. And a fire extinguisher holder.

Rugged Ridge Mirror Relocation Bracket

Rugged Ridge Hi Lift Bracket

Old 09-06-2009, 08:57 AM
JK Freak

Okay, I see I can't visit this thread until it is on the next page. I have the fastest internet you can get with cox, and those pictures remind me of what dialup was like...
Old 09-06-2009, 09:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

I agree... Please resize your pictures.
Old 09-06-2009, 02:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gryph0n
Okay, I see I can't visit this thread until it is on the next page. I have the fastest internet you can get with cox, and those pictures remind me of what dialup was like...
LOL sorry... it was late... new smaller better faster pics.
Old 09-06-2009, 03:04 PM
JK Newbie

Default wow

that would be a nice unlimited if that gay ass EGA wasnt on the side!! haha boot band shower shoe fox tail erah erah erah!!!!
Old 09-06-2009, 06:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stickerboy111
Not directly related to the Jeep! But what the heck, it will keep the snow off it in the winter. This combined with the factory remote start will be nice in the winter.

[IMG][/IMG]

I got it from my neighbor for $50 bucks. I just have to put the sides and front on now. I can wait till the snow comes for that.
Just a word of warning from someone who's been there. If you get too much snow and ice, that thing will fall on your Jeep. FWIW.

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?