Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 08-08-2009, 12:20 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ordered the Superchips FP from 4WD Hardware...

Old 08-08-2009, 02:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

During Chrysler shutdown, was in Mexico and went on a quest for an old VW Beetle mirror to stick in the hinge so I could run with no doors. Finally found one (didn't think it would be so hard), had a very pleasant bartering experience and ended up paying 80 pesos for a mirror....but it won't work. The up/down adjust on the beetle mirror is on the pivot that attaches to the fender. Oh well, it was a pretty good idea at the time.
So today, hit the local Harley dealership and picked up a $20 bike mirror, got home and yanked off the doors for the first time, and now waitng for it to stop raining!
Old 08-08-2009, 03:52 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by geoffcwilson
...got home and yanked off the doors for the first time, and now waitng for it to stop raining!
Isn't that how it always goes ? Never fails! Leave the top and doors on, and you have beautiful weather. Take 'em off and it gets gloomy and rains!

I'm sure you'll have fun once it stops raining.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Added front and rear Solid diff covers. Had to paint them black. Not a fan of the original color. Think I'll throw another coat of paint on there to get the bolts black as well.

Painted interior hard top.

Last edited by shredX; 08-08-2009 at 05:32 PM.
Old 08-08-2009, 06:11 PM
JK Freak

ran the wiring for the new Hella 500s. Pulled the bumper off. Cut the crush cans off and am preparing it for PureJeep shackles. Waiting for the PJ sliders to come (should've been here Friday) and hopefully installing them Tuesday. Will post pics when done!
Old 08-08-2009, 07:04 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by brandonbooth
How do you like that rugged ridge rear bumper? I was thinking about getting it for mine as well to match the front... just not sure because I really like the LOD but seems like it is a bear to try and find the RR rear with the tire carrier.
I love the Rugged Ridge products except they sometimes don't line up properly like they should. The bolt holes don't always line up. Example: On the rear tire carrier and rear bumper---the post where the tire carrier latches was blocking the rear door from opening.. Had to modify the bolt holes slightly so rear door could open. I had the same thing with Rugged Ridge rear bumper on my 97 TJ as well. Their products don't just easily bolt on without using some force to get it to work. Love the design and looks but have to live with the elbow grease to get it all bolted on like it should. ;(

Last edited by beller; 08-08-2009 at 07:08 PM.
Old 08-08-2009, 07:15 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by sm_rubi
Love how you did the Dirty Dog under your BestTop!
Looks like you've got the J.E.E.P. virus for sure!
Where did you get your Trektop? I got one from JC Whitney since everyone else didn't have it in stock (ex: Quadratech, Morris 4x4, etc). They first sent me the one that velcros to the rear door. However, had problems. Contacted Bestop directly and they told me have JC WHitney send me the newly designed top which has track bar along rear door---eliminates the velcro of the rear window and allows you to open door without having to remove rear windw each time.
Old 08-08-2009, 07:18 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by aldaman
Ordered the Superchips FP from 4WD Hardware...

How do you like the Superchip? I purchased the Hypertech/Max Energy. Would like to know how it compares?
Old 08-08-2009, 07:29 PM
JK Super Freak

I adjusted the pinion angle of my front drive shaft.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:07 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by beller
How do you like the Superchip? I purchased the Hypertech/Max Energy. Would like to know how it compares?
just ordered it today, should be delivered sometime Thursday...I will get back to you then...i am currently running the Hypertech, but looking to get more of an increase in performance & throttle response, hopefully from reading the good reviews of the Superchips I wont be dissappointed....

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?