Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 06-27-2009, 08:48 PM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got my RC 4" Lift w/2.2 Shocks installed!! Now to get an alignment and get my steering wheel back on center.

Old 06-27-2009, 09:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Don't waste your money on an alignement shop to straighten your steering wheel; do it your self. All it takes is a 15mm wrench or socket and 5 minutes. There is a write up on doing it. But in essence all you have to do is drive down the street and make a note of the position of the steering wheel. Pull into your driveway putting the wheel in that same exact position (with wheels straight ahead of course). Lay down and loosen the two 15 mm nuts on the drag link and turn it wheichever directions straightens up the wheel. It helps to have a observer tell you if your going in the right direction or not. When the wheel is straight, tighten the bolts and take it for a ride. You should be spot on but sometimes a minor adj is needed. It beats wasteing money on an alignment.
Old 06-27-2009, 09:22 PM
JK Jedi

Thanks for the input; was trying to find the thread that had the write up for a basic front end alignment and found it. Plan on doing that first thing tomorrow; I'm presuming that once I get that done, my ESP/BAS light should turn off
Old 06-28-2009, 08:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Lift Info:
RC 2.5" $139
Rubi Unlimited Spings & Shocks $80
Daystar .75" leveling spacers up front $15
New Bolts to replace the bad ones $5
TF Trackbar Relocation Bracket $39

Finished the lift except for 2 bolts that were in the kit, wrong size. Used the sway bar bolts and am off to the hardware store.

Steep, off camber driveway so it doesn't look like it, but I got 4.25" in the front, 3.75" in back. It will be interesting to see how far it settles.

I'll get a better picture after I get the swaybar reconnected.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by judas
new winch is in.
Awww I don't get to drive my CVPI home :(
Old 06-28-2009, 10:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Preacher
Lift Info:
RC 2.5" $139
Rubi Unlimited Spings & Shocks $80
Daystar .75" leveling spacers up front $15
New Bolts to replace the bad ones $5
TF Trackbar Relocation Bracket $39

Finished the lift except for 2 bolts that were in the kit, wrong size. Used the sway bar bolts and am off to the hardware store.

Steep, off camber driveway so it doesn't look like it, but I got 4.25" in the front, 3.75" in back. It will be interesting to see how far it settles.

I'll get a better picture after I get the swaybar reconnected.
Looks good. Now you need some real rubber on it! With that much lift (especially in the front) pay attention to how it handles. You may need to go with some adj front control arms to bring you caster into spec if it handles twitchy or flighty.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by interceptor_1972
Thanks for the input; was trying to find the thread that had the write up for a basic front end alignment and found it. Plan on doing that first thing tomorrow; I'm presuming that once I get that done, my ESP/BAS light should turn off
Sure should and it will stop doing funny things when you corner. This is really something you need to do yourself because if you wheel it it will go out every once in a while. At least until you replace the factory tie rod and drag link with beefier units. I had to recenter mine a lot until I put in a RockKrawler HD Tie Rod. The factory units aren't up to snuff (what's new there?).
Old 06-28-2009, 11:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Took it for a drive, tried to hit a bunch of different types of terrain to settle in the springs. Took it up to 75, never had an issue. Suprisingly, the steering is more responsive now....

Got some pics on level ground.

Old 06-28-2009, 12:09 PM
JK Newbie

Xenon narrow fenders sprayed with speedliner

Old 06-28-2009, 01:21 PM
JK Newbie

still workin!

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?