Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 06-24-2009, 09:09 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed my Father's Day gift........check it out

Ain't it SWEET? ..........My wife thinks it is "awful, the most disgusting thing I've ever seen".............oh well............at least it is until the next mod

Ive always said..........if you can't please 'em.........F#%K 'em

Last edited by bluerubicon08; 06-24-2009 at 09:13 AM.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:04 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Added new brackets and mud flaps.

Old 06-24-2009, 02:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

wtf.... mudflaps?!

just took my doors off for the first time in the year i've had it.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by SIM 37
So I'm in the Army. I'm training to be an aviator. If you ever see the back of a military aviator helmet, chances are there's a big velcro square. The functional purpose of this is for a battery that powers the night vision goggles we use. When not being occupied by one, a guy might throw on the company patch or something a little more comical, like: I picked a hell of a day to quit drinking. I thought my backseat passengers, especially first timers, should have something to chuckle at when not having the honor of riding right seat. So I did the same to the back of my headrests. The patches can be bought online at

h++p://thehangar.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=56&osCsid=aad203b8b1280f041abc3efd f41e3f66

those are sweet i got to get me some of them
Old 06-24-2009, 03:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Not digging the mud flaps, but the velcro patches are awesome!
Old 06-24-2009, 03:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Finally got pics...Rugged Ridge Euro headlights guards...Slimlite
windsheild mount driving lites...Daystar top dash insert...

Old 06-24-2009, 06:53 PM
JK Freak

Installed my soft doors. Now I don't have to worrw about those rain storms when running doorless!

Old 06-24-2009, 08:30 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jkkat
Added new brackets and mud flaps.
I am sorry man to each their own but just my opinion those mud flaps look terrible. But on the upside love your tailpipe.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:08 AM
JK Freak

Thumbs up Currie RockJock Lift, 37"x12.50"x17 Goodyear MT/R Kevlars

This is a before picture of my 08 Unlimited X taken about 2 months ago with Rubi wheels, tires
and no lift. The Rubi tires measured about 31" on the ground. This was also before I installed
the Warn M8000 winch.

Here is the picture just after taking the final test drive at NorthRidge 4x4 who sold me
everything but the tires and TeraFlex diff covers and did a most excellent installation over four
working days during my vacation last week. The 37" Goodyear MT/R Kevlars actually measue
36-1/4" in my case. The Currie RockJock lift I purchased from Northridge 4x4 was very
complete and included things like extended brake lines. I also purchased OME shocks and
Coast 1310 CV drive shafts from David as part of the installation.

Many of you could do an installation like this yourself and many of you have. While I felt OK
doing things like installing my winch on a cut, stock Sahara bumper, I think anything beyond a
basic budget boost would be way beyond my abilities. I do not regret having a professional
install a more complex lift for a moment. For me, NorthRidge 4x4 was the right decision.

I saved up for just over a year to do this and still came in slightly over budget when it was
all said and done with a few things left to do like cutting the fenders, making a stubby out of the
bumper and perhaps adding a 1" body lift that I will do myself. Here are a few pictures of the
build with some comments:

TerraFlex Diff Covers

Rather than buy these covers from David at NorthRidge 4x4, I took advantage of a special
offer on the TerraFlex web site for slightly cosmetically blemished covers. I couldn't find any
blemish on the rear D44 cover and only a slight paint smudge on the front D30. After quoting
me a price for the installation, David agreed to install the TerraFlex covers as he was also
regearing from my stock 3.73 to a 5.13 ratio and had to remove and reinstall the covers
anyway.

Note the position of the fill plugs. The D44 has two, the open one is for high pinion, something
the D30 didn't have. They couldn't get enough fluid in the front D30, so it took an extra hour
and a half to loosen everything up and rotate the axle in order to fill it properly. David did not
charge me extra for this and gave me a workaround for changing fluid in the future. The gears
work perfectly, by the way, and are as quiet as stock.

Here are some pictures of the lift going on, which show the spacers required to fit the big
Goodyear meats on my JK using Rubi Wheels (I did not have enough budget left for the AEV
argent beadlocks I really wanted) and the beefy Currie adjustable upper and lower control arms.

With the tires mounted, the JK on the ground and the steering centered (AEV Procal works
great for this), the axles were off center by 1/4" in the front and 1/2" in the back. I decided to
have David install JKS adjustable track bars front and rear in addition to the JKS discos I had
already purchased from him, to center everything properly. The trackbars were too long and
had to be cut and rethreaded to allow sufficient adjustment. finally, the rear wheels and tires
had to be removed so the pinch seam and my Mopar Enhanced Rock Rails could be trimmed.

It drives better than I expected. Blustery side winds are more noticeable and the ESP kicks in
when I take freeway on/off ramps at my usual pace, but it tracks straight with no wobbles or
rattles that I didn't have before. With the 5.13 gears, low end performance is improved, but it
seems to run out of breath at speeds approaching 60 MPH. Keeping speed up, even on steep
grades is no problem. The Goodyear MT/R Kevlar tires are amazingly quiet -- the Rubi tires
seem noisy by comparison.

-meljr
Old 06-25-2009, 06:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Cpt. Flapjack
Installed my soft doors. Now I don't have to worrw about those rain storms when running doorless!

Love the doors. My favorite part of our TJ - the half doors.

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?