Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 06-02-2009, 03:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Painted the bumper on Sunday afternoon, so I mounted it last night.

Nice rounded end or is it???

Nope! A nice hiding place for my sway bar stuff.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Mr. T
Installed my AEV snorkel. Finished the install at the Ranger Station at Wharton State Park minutes before our run.

Now you just have to get rid of the bug light.

Isn't peer pressure fun.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by adamisadam
Does it happen when the driver's side is up and passenger side is down?
Mine was touching on the tranny pan when the shaft went up. (driver side)
Then it would hit the crossmember when down.

After looking at it all closely for a matter of time, I realized the only option was to get a smaller diameter shaft. Since mine was hitting on two different things on two sides, notching out the crossmember wasn't going to solve my problems.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:40 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I see. Yes, I spent some time under there last night and only see contact on the tranny pan. It seems that it would hit the exhaust before the crossmember. It also seems that it JUST BARELY touched the tranny.

Oh well, it's at the dealership now for my dashboard light show (i suspect bad wheel sensor causing ESP and ABS to go nuts) and I mentioned "hey, my boot is gone on front DS" so we'll see if they're just laughing at me or what.

I'll plan on a new driveshaft at some point. I don't like the idea of this one getting dented up and failing on me which in turn causes my tcase to get grenaded! My only concern about a new DS is that if the Tcase fails ever, will they claim it failed BECAUSE of the driveshaft!!!
Old 06-02-2009, 06:45 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by adamisadam
I see. Yes, I spent some time under there last night and only see contact on the tranny pan. It seems that it would hit the exhaust before the crossmember. It also seems that it JUST BARELY touched the tranny.

Oh well, it's at the dealership now for my dashboard light show (i suspect bad wheel sensor causing ESP and ABS to go nuts) and I mentioned "hey, my boot is gone on front DS" so we'll see if they're just laughing at me or what.

I'll plan on a new driveshaft at some point. I don't like the idea of this one getting dented up and failing on me which in turn causes my tcase to get grenaded! My only concern about a new DS is that if the Tcase fails ever, will they claim it failed BECAUSE of the driveshaft!!!
I just had mine in for a new driveshaft this past weekend and they basically told me to buy an aftermarket one and they wouldnt fix it which is what i figured. oh well got to drive around in a sweet sebring and they found out my knocking in my steering wheel was bad tie rod ends. or so they say.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fftri
WOW!
I like red, and that is alot of red.
LOOKS AWESOME!
Thanks! I contemplated using the Rock Hard padding kit buy IMO it doesn't match the factory padding. And after I got everything installed, I even decided to not put the factory padding back on the 2 OEM bars that go from the B-pillar to the windshield. My Jeep is up to high and everyone uses the bar to get in so when I removed the factory padding, the foam underneath was all broken away from its mounting points anyway.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

front and rear bumpers....if they ever show up
Old 06-02-2009, 10:12 AM
JK Freak

I got the first ever built 2 dr BoneDigger Rock Rails (check the basement builders)

Tera Flex Rock Racer bumper and my version of the Grill Mod. (plastic dipped wire mesh. installed in one piece)

I need to paint the bolt heads and reinstall my winch.

Tera Flex all Jeep show this weekend!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by capt scotty; 06-02-2009 at 10:34 AM.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:49 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by capt scotty
I got the first ever built 2 dr BoneDigger Rock Rails (check the basement builders)

Tera Flex Rock Racer bumper and my version of the Grill Mod. (plastic dipped wire mesh. installed in one piece)

I need to paint the bolt heads and reinstall my winch.

Tera Flex all Jeep show this weekend!!!!!!!!!!
I love those rails... How much is he selling for?
Old 06-02-2009, 10:53 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
I love those rails... How much is he selling for?
You should PM him. These are very stout and very well done. Nice finish

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?