Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 05-31-2009, 04:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

finally and with muuuuuuch help from ryanc my jeep finally grew up thanks to a 2.5" BB from Teraflex.

Lesson learned though...early models of the BB are very different from current kits from TF and guys on ebay post current kit pics Oh well it went on and had a blast using ryan and his tools to do it.

The front is a bestop highrock bumper courtesy of dpost82 and since I am a long way from needing a winch it sounded like a good idea to use a jb weld to put the delta light bar down there.

Sorry for the cell phone pics but they came out better than a scanned stick figure drawing.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:37 PM
JK Newbie

Installed home made rock knobs.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/diy-rock-knob-shifter-auto-trans-88249/
Old 05-31-2009, 12:49 PM
JK Junkie

Kewl!!

Originally Posted by landerley
Old 05-31-2009, 12:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by brian_crystal
finally and with muuuuuuch help from ryanc my jeep finally grew up thanks to a 2.5" BB from Teraflex.

Lesson learned though...early models of the BB are very different from current kits from TF and guys on ebay post current kit pics Oh well it went on and had a blast using ryan and his tools to do it.

The front is a bestop highrock bumper courtesy of dpost82 and since I am a long way from needing a winch it sounded like a good idea to use a jb weld to put the delta light bar down there.

Sorry for the cell phone pics but they came out better than a scanned stick figure drawing.

I see a Bestop HighRock 4x4 Front Bumper!! Looks good. How do you like it? Could you give me an estimate on how much it weighs? (If possible)

Because I'm considering the Bestop Bumper or the Fab Fours Bumper. Only thing is, the Fab Fours Bumper weighs a womping 140 pounds. So if that Bestop is lighter, I just might get that instead

JK looks awesome and very intimidating with the BB!
Good job
Old 05-31-2009, 01:06 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by e0987c5t3
I see a Bestop HighRock 4x4 Front Bumper!! Looks good. How do you like it? Could you give me an estimate on how much it weighs? (If possible)

Because I'm considering the Bestop Bumper or the Fab Fours Bumper. Only thing is, the Fab Fours Bumper weighs a womping 140 pounds. So if that Bestop is lighter, I just might get that instead

JK looks awesome and very intimidating with the BB!
Good job
I wouldnt suggest getting the bestop bumper if yuo plan on putting a winch on it, mine bends when winching and crackheads at bestop say its working like its designed

see my post https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/bestop-highrock-winch-bumper-bestop-crack-85792/
Old 05-31-2009, 01:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

I made some mesh covers and padding for my Warrior tube doors, which are awesome. Total cost about $30.

Old 05-31-2009, 01:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Bought a set of carabiners from a local military surplus store to replace the POS nylon strap that comes with the MOPAR Fredom Top carrier bag. Works like a champ. Total cost, $3.
Old 05-31-2009, 01:38 PM
JK Freak

Finally got around to cutting my bumper! I got .:eMETAL:. to cut it and add the lights We tried to put them on the brackets on the stinger and it looked horrible. We were going to drill holes in the top of the bumper until we realized there were already holes in the front that worked out perfectly. .:eMETAL:. also convinced me to finally pull off the front air dam. I like it now that it's cut

I still need to touch it up the cuts when I get home. I think I need to re-paint the entire bumper since our last trail ride at ONF took off a lot of the paint already (some tight trails out there)

Before:

and AFTER

I think I got the cut bug.. fenders are definately next

I also need to get another Teraflex sticker from Joe.
Old 05-31-2009, 02:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by MELONHED
I made some mesh covers and padding for my Warrior tube doors, which are awesome. Total cost about $30.

Did you buy those mesh inserts or make them? they look good. I have the same doors and am thinking up some options myself.
Old 05-31-2009, 02:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Got a chance to do the fabrrication on my front mid width bumper. I still have to paint it, but here is a preview.

I reused my lifting eyes from my stock stubbie.

I'll do a write up once I get it painted.

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?