Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 05-24-2009, 02:49 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tore my front driveshaft boot wheelin in GWNF this weekend. But man was it worth it.
Old 05-24-2009, 02:53 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brandonbooth
Tore my front driveshaft boot wheelin in GWNF this weekend. But man was it worth it.
Prove it !!
Old 05-24-2009, 03:56 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Re-torqued my suspension after my recent TF coil lift install. Oh, and I upgraded to a grade 8 bolt for the trackbar. $6 for a bolt and nut. It must be strong
Old 05-24-2009, 05:48 PM
JK Jedi

Installed Rugged Ridge Island Topper, Daystar Dash Organizer and Daystar Hood Wranglers.

Old 05-24-2009, 06:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sold it.
Old 05-24-2009, 06:09 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bOLsAK=3
Prove it !!
I knew that was coming just didnt have a chance to get the pics up here they are now...

here is a link for the thread with the link of the pics as well...
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...12#post1142512

Old 05-24-2009, 06:31 PM
JK Freak

Got the LoD sliders on this week and I took them to Wispering Pines to try them out. They work great!
Old 05-24-2009, 06:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Default Locked up front

Posted this in the modified section but I like this thread. I just finished with the install of the new JK Aussie Locker. (Aussie Locker JK XD-13227 ) It was not very difficult to install with WOL instructions for the TJ. It came with new blue thrust washers. The only thing I had any difficulty with was my cold punch was not long enough. The bench grinder took off enough metal on the punch to get the rolling pin out out the pinion shaft. I would say if your by yourself like I was it takes about 3 hours. I I took it out on the road and when I was in a parking lot for a hard left and right turn with the windows down I could here a slight clicking sound. Then I took it to a field to test the system in 4wd. When in 4wd it takes some pressure to get through a turn locked. I didn't find it much different than other Jeeps I have been in with the locker engaged. It make a pronounced click when it releases in the turn though in 4WD. I will test out the locker in earnest out on the trail but I have no doubt what a difference this will make since I have seen it in action on other Jeeps. I paid $299 for the locker to the door at Northridge4x4.com and I think this is a great deal of offroad mod for the money.

Here is the link by WOL for the TJ: http://www.4x4xplor.com/aussielocker.html

Last edited by Geeper4x4; 05-27-2009 at 02:54 PM.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:09 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by brandonbooth
I knew that was coming just didnt have a chance to get the pics up here they are now...

here is a link for the thread with the link of the pics as well...
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...12#post1142512

Looks sweet. Hey, can I ask: what are the advantages of those soft tops over stock? Why would one switch? Less space inside with top up. Is it easier to get up/down?
Old 05-24-2009, 08:05 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by adamisadam
Looks sweet. Hey, can I ask: what are the advantages of those soft tops over stock? Why would one switch? Less space inside with top up. Is it easier to get up/down?
i personally love the top and especially the way it looks... i didnt have the soft top when i bought my jeep i only had the hard top and it was a pain to take off and on all last summer... especially now that the jeep is lifted. It is really easy to take off and can be done by yourself. It is a little tough to put back on because the windshield bar is tight to fit up there but that makes the fit better. I just like the look of it and you really dont lose that much storage area in the back... I got it because I love the way it looks and always get complements on it. Only thing I have bad to say about it is that it leaked pretty bad when I got it from the seam above the soundbar... but went out and got some tent seam sealer from walmart made by colemans and have not had a prob with it since... just have to use the seam sealer on the inside because it leaves a white film. PM me if you have any other questions.

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?