Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 05-11-2009, 12:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by heaffie
Just got through with the fender chop. Had been puttin it off a while but finally got the time to do it. Like it so far but I just finished 2 days ago.

VERY nice!!!
Old 05-13-2009, 06:43 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Made my own license plate fairlead holder thingy... used two Maglite clips, I bought four, but I think two will suffice, I'll keep my eye on it.

I bought a plastic plate holder, screwed on the clips and came up with this...

Old 05-13-2009, 07:31 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by xerofall
Made my own license plate fairlead holder thingy... used two Maglite clips, I bought four, but I think two will suffice, I'll keep my eye on it.

I bought a plastic plate holder, screwed on the clips and came up with this...

Great idea. Looks good. Here's a suggestion that may some day save your plate and a trip to DMV. Put a string or something thin but strong between the plate (or just the plate holder) and run it through the bumper assemblly. This way if the thing ever came off over a big bump or even a car wash or something, you'll still have the plate (for a few feet anyway!). Just a thought!
Old 05-13-2009, 07:34 PM
JK Junkie

Already on it actually... that'll be tomorrow.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:55 PM
JudJeep

Default I finally pulled the trigger

and I love it!

Rusty's 3.25 lift/trackbars
315/75r16 Nitto Terra Grapplers
Rebel Racing 16" (Yes Rebel Racing not American Racing! )

Old 05-13-2009, 08:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 35" Tires

I posted these in another trail thread but they belong here
My wife doesn't get why I can be so excited about a set of tires?

my daughter does get it though

Of course the 35 on a stock tire wouldn't fit on the stock mount.
So what I did was measure the wheel cut out that the Teraflex bumper had. 2ft wide with the lowest part 1ft wide and 4" deep and the angle up on each side 6" each. Then I taped out the lines on the stock rear bumper and got out the skill saw

I figure the insides of the fact bumper could also be used to store tow straps too. and it doesn't look too bad especially for someone with no money like me (I should change my screen name to budget wheeler). But with the back gate closed its hard to tell unless your really looking.

there you have it a 35" tire on stock wheel with no spacer mounted to the stock rr tire carrier and I did not have to whack off the ET third brake light

Last edited by Sporticon; 05-13-2009 at 08:13 PM.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:06 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JudJeep
and I love it!

Rusty's 3.25 lift/trackbars
315/75r16 Nitto Terra Grapplers
Rebel Racing 16" (Yes Rebel Racing not American Racing! )

Those are wicked nice... I might do that setup.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirk Pitt

I figure the insides of the fact bumper could also be used to store tow straps too. and it doesn't look too bad especially for someone with no money like me (I should change my screen name to budget wheeler). But with the back gate closed its hard to tell unless your really looking.

there you have it a 35" tire on stock wheel with no spacer mounted to the stock rr tire carrier and I did not have to whack off the ET third brake light
Nice tires! Any rubbing? Also, you may want to drill some drain holes in the bumper. Although, we all know it doesn't rain in SoCal...
Old 05-14-2009, 06:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by el_campede
Nice tires! Any rubbing? Also, you may want to drill some drain holes in the bumper. Although, we all know it doesn't rain in SoCal...
I will drill a couple holes tomarow (I was thinking if I didn't I might as well put some goldfish in the bumper)

As far as the rubbing, on road at full turn they were hitting that plastic thingy underneath the front bumper.

After this Sunday on the John Bull trail I will see if I am next up for a fender chop
Old 05-14-2009, 07:30 PM
JudJeep

Default Thnaks!

I like it more everytime I walk out to it!!!
Originally Posted by xerofall
Those are wicked nice... I might do that setup.

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?