Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 05-06-2009, 02:43 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BDS 4.5 and BFG KM2s

Here it is. 4.5 inch BDS
Yukon 4:88s
37 inch BFG KM2s
and swapped the superwinch for the warn powerplant

Old 05-06-2009, 03:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by tunes
Here it is. 4.5 inch BDS
Yukon 4:88s
37 inch BFG KM2s
and swapped the superwinch for the warn powerplant

Very nice rig!
Old 05-06-2009, 05:12 AM
JK Newbie

Got the KCs mounted up. 130W Long Range Driving lights. Mounted a switch in the left dash and wired them up with the supplied harness. Pulled 12v off the cigarette lighter for the feed. Only had to bring one wire in thru the firewall. Took about two hours start to finish. They work great. Very bright. Can't wait to try them out on the back roads around here.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Installed my trektop......

And did this to my wheels....This is the worst one...

corey d
Old 05-06-2009, 07:45 AM
JK Super Freak

How do you like the top? Mine came in Monday but I haven't gotten the hard top off yet to install. Easy installation?
Old 05-06-2009, 08:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by pastorsteve
How do you like the top? Mine came in Monday but I haven't gotten the hard top off yet to install. Easy installation?
Easy to install, but i dont like the way it has velcro to keep it tight (in front above the front seats). It needs some straps to pull the driver and passenger side together to keep it tight. I dont know if i have the older version or what, but it gets loose pretty quick. If best top cant help me, ill probably bring it to an upholstery shop and have some straps sewed on. I like the way it looks though.

corey d
Old 05-06-2009, 08:30 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by STUPIDFACE
Easy to install, but i dont like the way it has velcro to keep it tight (in front above the front seats). It needs some straps to pull the driver and passenger side together to keep it tight. I dont know if i have the older version or what, but it gets loose pretty quick. If best top cant help me, ill probably bring it to an upholstery shop and have some straps sewed on. I like the way it looks though.

corey d
that seems like you might have the old top... I dont know that it is different in the 2 door from the 4 door but mine has a strap that takes the top on the driver and passenger side in the middle of the door and pulls it together... only problem I am having with it is that it leaks pretty bad at the seam above the sound bar. If the rain will stop here at some point I would love to try to seal it up but for now its a towel above the sound bar keeping me dry. Which actually isnt that bad because it dampens noise from the top flapping against the soundbar.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by brandonbooth
that seems like you might have the old top... I dont know that it is different in the 2 door from the 4 door but mine has a strap that takes the top on the driver and passenger side in the middle of the door and pulls it together... only problem I am having with it is that it leaks pretty bad at the seam above the sound bar. If the rain will stop here at some point I would love to try to seal it up but for now its a towel above the sound bar keeping me dry. Which actually isnt that bad because it dampens noise from the top flapping against the soundbar.
What keeps the straps tight? Do you have any pics of the straps?

corey d
Old 05-06-2009, 09:35 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by bodybrdng
What was done to my jk this week...... I got my jk this week
I got my JK last week. Wheels, Tires and Lift today! Woo hoo!
Old 05-06-2009, 10:45 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by STUPIDFACE
What keeps the straps tight? Do you have any pics of the straps?

corey d
I dont have a picture of it at the moment and I am heading to a concert tonight so wont be able to post a picture of it tonight I dont imagine what it looks like is there is an extra triangle about 6 inches that wraps around and has a strap that is sewn onto it.. and the other side is the buckle which wraps around the door surrounds and then connects to eachother... if that makes any sense... i will see what I can do about getting a picture for you.

Here is one I just found online.

Last edited by brandonbooth; 05-06-2009 at 11:05 AM.

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?