Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 05-04-2009, 08:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pastorsteve
Installed Pro Comp 2.5" lift (resulted in 4.25" lift), Olympic A/T Sliders, Olympic Defender rear bumper, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Midland 75-822 CB.

Got over 4" of lift from 2.5" lift kit. Great bang for buck. Winch had to wait as they didn't know before that they needed an optional winch box for the existing Olympic BOA bumper. I'll get some photos tomorrow when we get up to the mountains.

Got some photos this weekend. Sorry I didn't get her cleaned up first. Looking forward to playing with the Superchips programmer this week and getting room in the garage for the top so I can install the TrekTop.

Last edited by pastorsteve; 05-04-2009 at 08:38 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default wheels and tires

new wheels and tires
Old 05-05-2009, 08:11 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ssmathis
No photoshop. Taken in my driveway with Pikes Peak covered in clouds in the background.
dont worry im not accusing you of photoshoping it sorry... just meant it is a trippy looking picture... seems like the wheels are floating or something.

Can we get the write-up on hover-jeep?
Old 05-05-2009, 10:11 AM
JK Super Freak

wlel hopefully when i get out of work im going to crack a few beers and get the Or-fab tire carrier installed that i got From Dave from northern can't wait i will post up some pics tonight if i finish by the time i get out of work. although i must say it took me almost 20 min to get it out of the box. it was sprayed with a hell of a lot of foam. what a great pack job.

ill keep yall posted
Old 05-05-2009, 10:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

No worries. I know I have those hover-jeep plans around here somewhere....

Originally Posted by brandonbooth
dont worry im not accusing you of photoshoping it sorry... just meant it is a trippy looking picture... seems like the wheels are floating or something.

Can we get the write-up on hover-jeep?
Old 05-05-2009, 02:43 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by zacjackson
Drool. Amazing rig you have going there! Very clean and rugged looking.
Hey, Wingman, how hard was it to get that winch isolator to fit? I just got one for the roller fairlead that came with my Smittbilt winch and it's tighter than a drum. Thought I'd ask before I either send it back or do a little modifying.

Disregard. I just learned that the winch isolator is designed to fit with a minimum 8 3/4 inch roller width. Mine is 8 1/4". Time to customize.

Last edited by rmwest; 05-07-2009 at 06:15 AM.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:38 PM
JK Super Freak

lift and tires

Old 05-05-2009, 06:47 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by greenamphibious
lift and tires

THAT'S nice looking! I just ordered htat same lift and plan on 35's as well!
Old 05-05-2009, 06:51 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by BlueAlgernon
What web site and how much was it?
GO to alpha expedition (CLick the one in my signature) and check it out. Or contact MBATF he is a sponsor here and can get it for you.....
Old 05-05-2009, 07:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by KSU_MAN_JK33
Just though I'd share the finished products - pardon the quality of the pics...night shots

I know it recommends to separate the ball joints and to remove the lower control arm, but we decided that by utilizing stitch welding techniques plus having several wet towels around and going back and forth between the driver and passenger side alternating would allow us to not overheat the effected areas. I hit em up with a couple coats or primer then slapped on some black Rustoleum hammer rattle can paint...And here is the results...needless to say I'm very pleased with the results

[

I can't wait to get my C2 gussets on. I have been wanting to do this for a while just now getting around to ordering the gussets and beefing up my Dana 30. I only have 33's but serious backspacing with 3.75 so they have leverage and I wheel pretty hard. I think I might need adjustable ball joints. I will try to leave mine in and weld them like you did. Looks good!

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?